How Could They?! | Teen Ink

How Could They?!

By Something_Underneath SILVER, Ozawkie, Kansas
Something_Underneath SILVER, Ozawkie, Kansas

I said I'd fight back. I didn't say that I'd fight fair.

How could he do that?! What possibly possessed her to do this?! These are questions the media makes the people of society ask themselves, even if the thoughts are unfounded or even hypocritical. Celebrities and/or popular individuals are sometimes overly judged on the simple mistakes they make, when generally, they're good and friendly people. I look at articles on the web every week that portray a different celebrity making a different, small mistake. What's the point behind screaming this kind of news to the world? In my opinion, it's to belittle and bring down the more popular individual to our level, to bring them down so we can discuss how they bad they were, what a shame it is that this person did this, when in reality' We are doing the exact same things, if not even a little worse. Why do we make these hypocritical statements? To make ourselves feel better about the bad things we do. I've seen situations where a person even begins to dislike an individual they formerly looked up to and admired, just because the media decides to blow a tiny little thing out of proportion, just so they can get some juicy news out to the public. Just for example, Michael Phelps. One of my friends really looked up to him throughout his entire career, used him as an inspiration in her athletic feats and achievements. Then the news released information and proof that Phelps had done marijuana at some point earlier in life, and just like that, she was gone. Over a mistake that may not have ever happened again. So please, before you go judging, bad-mouthing, or just plain gossiping about a good person doing one, smaller bad thing' Just think about it for a second. Just think.

lightningscar- BRONZE, Stratford, Other

There are many causes for which I would die for, but none for which I would kill.
-Ghandi

This was a great article, I totally agree. "Celebrities" are supposed to be celebrated, aren't they?