Marvel: In-Depth | Teen Ink

Marvel: In-Depth

May 31, 2016
By rgervais917 BRONZE, Citrus Heights, California
rgervais917 BRONZE, Citrus Heights, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Marvel is a comic business that came out in 1939. It is owned by Stan Lee who has the best movie cameos ever. Marvel is known around the world and makes a lot of money from comic book sales. Recently I went to a comic book store with my family and we spent about 100 dollars on marvel comics. That’s only the comics too. Marvel makes movies and they’ve made a lot. Many of their movies are major successes and make a lot of money. DC has made movies, but most are not that good and are met with bad reviews some of the time. Many characters are very well known in the comic book universe that Marvel has made.

Marvel movies have been made a lot lately due to other movies posing plot questions and fans wanting more awesome movies. Recent Marvel movies include Captain America: Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War, Thor: The Dark World, and Avengers: The Age of Ultron. New movies are coming out and the soonest one to come out is Doctor Strange. Many Marvel movies are met with good appeal and make a lot of money. Especially now with the new technology the Marvel movies are getting even better. Everyone forgot, but Robert Downey Jr used to be in trouble with drugs and stuff though when he got the job for Iron Man he got better.


The author's comments:

I am thirteen, in my last few days of middle school. I love Marvel and often marvel at how many people still like DC Comics.