Colm Keegan | Teen Ink

Colm Keegan

By celticstudygirl PLATINUM, Vermilion, Other
celticstudygirl PLATINUM, Vermilion, Other

Colm is a singer in Celtic Thunder (2012-) and first came into the group in 2012. Colm hails from Dublin, Ireland. He is currently 25 years old. He was raised in a musical family like all of the other members of Celtic Thunder. He graduated from University College of Dublin with a degree in music and Irish and can teach both. He was also a background singer in Celtic Woman for a few years and  was part of the specials "Songs from the Heart" and "Believe." It was after he was done with Celtic Woman he came into Celtic Thunder. And he has done some charity work including being part of Habitat for Humanity and helped building houses in Africa in his younger years. 
Colm auditioned for Celtic Thunder late May of 2012. A few weeks after his audition he was asked to sing for three weeks in Atlantic City because another member named Ryan Kelly suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury from an accidental fall. So the producer Sharon Browne told him that he only had two weeks to prepare for the shows which included learning Ryan's parts in the ensembles. He said that it was a hard thing to do but he had to do it anyway. He sang a song called "Home" for his solo song in the shows.  And on tour that year he also sang another song called "Black Velvet Band."

Two months later he starred in his first Celtic Thunder special "Mythology." He sang the following solo songs in "Mythology": "Katie," "The Edge of the Moon," and "Harry's Game." 

Colm also connected very well with everyone when he first came into the group especially George and Emmet. A few months later on tour that year he and Emmet decided to form a little duo called "Celtic Comet." And the next year (2013) when Celtic Thunder hosted their first cruise they had their first "Celtic Comet" show. 

Then last year (2014) he started touring solo and is accompanied by Laura for his solo tours and he also had a little solo tour this year (2015) too. He came out with a single which is a cover by Garth Brooks called "The Dance." And he also released a single with his brothers of a classic Irish song called "Raglan Road." You can check him out on YouTube on his channel or Celtic Thunder's Channel "The Thundertube."

I've always loved ever since I saw him with Celtic Woman as a background singer in their special "Songs from the Heart." And still love him till this day.