Eminem | Teen Ink

Eminem

By Andrew Torgashev BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
Andrew Torgashev BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida

Who is Eminem? Eminem, also known as Marshall Mathers, is a white male rapper who was one of the few who changed the rap industry forever, for the better. Eminem started his career when he flew out to California looking for an opportunity to make a better living for his family. He was discovered by Dr.Dre, a hit producer and rapper in the year of 1995. Eminem created his first record label with Dr.Dre and his record company. Eminem became a hit rapper, which surprising because he was white and the stereotype “White boys can’t rap” was broken by Eminem.
Eminem had a very hard childhood. His father was abusive and ran away and was raised by his mom. The family moved around alot and stayed in mostly family relatives houses in Michigan and Missouri. They settled in Warren Michigan when Eminem turned 11. Eminem grew up in a “Ghetto” neighborhood and was constantly beat up until he was discovered freestyling at a hip hop club on “7 mile” leading to his lead role in the movie 8 mile that was produced in 2002. When Eminem was 17 he ran into a drug problem and became addicted, which some of his songs are about, he says that he doesn't regret it because it shaped him into the man that he is now.

Eminem is one of the few artists who changed rap music for the better. Most rap songs have no meaning and are just sung for the money and the fans that they attract. Eminem was different. Eminem raged about his problems into the microphone and makes music from them. Eminem’s music is real and he uses his music to express his thoughts and ideas, which most people are interested to hear.  He has been rapping from when he was a teenager and has released 7 albums ranging from 1996 to 2010. He is coming out with a new album which is probably going to be the last one. He has sacrificed so much to portray his dream of becoming a respected rapper.

Eminem has recently release the song “Rap God” this song set the record for most words in one song. In this sing Eminem raps 1,560 words in six minutes and 2o seconds which is about 260 words per minute. Eminem finally showed his haters that he can rap like a computer and he is the “Rap god”. In conclusion Eminem is a man who will keep going even if he has a brick wall in front of him. Nothing will stop Eminem from reaching his dream of becoming a legend in the rap industry.