DeweySocialActionProject | Teen Ink

DeweySocialActionProject

Petition

Hi my name is Dewey, and I play on my technology a lot. My argument is it would not benefit teens to turn off technology for a day. Im worried about our parents telling us a certain time of technology we can play or schools saying no phones at all, and that would be horrible. This is important for teens because teens play a game for like 30 minutes, and that would be it for the whole day, so that would make them bored so they should play it more.
What I want you to do is sign my petition showing that we should not have to turn our technology off for a day.
My opposing claim that someone may offer on this argument is that it would benefit teens to turn their technology off for a day. I disagree with this claim because it would make teens bored and mad that they can’t play their technology for the day.
My first claim for negatives of turning off technology for a day is that it costs a lot of money to not use. My text evidence for that claim is that these are very very valuable tools and were not willing to give them up.(Source #3) This text evidence is especially powerful because Iphone cost to much money however they cost about $400-$600(Source #1). It would just be a waste of money not to use them.
My second claim for negatives of turning off technology for a day is boredom. My text evidence for this claim is turning off technology would make us very bored and being bored is something no teens like to be.(Source #1) The importance of this text evidence is if we turn off our technology for a day we would be bored because most people play there technology for fun and if they turn that off then they would be bored.(Source #4)
My third and last claim for negatives is bad moods for the teens. My text evidence for this claim is if we turn technology off then people would be in a bad mood.(Source #4) This text evidence shows is when kids turn off their technology for the day as the results they will whine and be all mad that they can’t use their technology for the day even though they will get to use it tomorrow.(Source #1)
Once again I want you to play your phone all you want or technology. Thank you for your time reading my petition and I hope you sign it and have a good day.

IM good at soccer