Paparazzi This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

For people who have a favorite actor or actress, the chances are you want to see

what they have been up to these days. So with no doubt you don’t mind having people

stalk them, just for their picture. What I am talking about is paparazzi. Paparazzi is

photographers who take celebrities photos when they are unaware. But sometimes the

paparazzi goes too far, because they end up hurting or injuring a celebrity. “I like to

sneak in under the radar. I don’t have any paparazzi following me or have to deal with

that stuff. Im never in the tabloids. I prefer that.” A quote by Rob Schneider (an actor

from 50 First Dates who plays the Hawaiian guy).

Most celebrities like to have paparazzi take their photo, mostly because their

looking for attention. “Celebrities need a higher level of exposure then the rest of us, so

it is a two- way street. The celebrities manipulate.” Peter Howe wrote in Times News

Paper. But some celebrities do not like them. “I’ve been... chased by paparazzi, and

they run lights, and they chase you and harass you the whole time. It happens all over

the world, and it has certainly gotten worse. You don’t know what it’s like being chased

by them.” says Tom Cruise. Mary- Kate Olsen told Times “While I was at New York

University, I had to duck from the paparazzi that was hired to follow me everywhere.”

There is even some citizens that are not celebrities that don’t like the paparazzi,

because they have gotten injured. Tiger Woods apologized to school parents saying

“We hope that the paparazzi will find something better to do with their future.” Because

the paparazzi were hiding out side of the school everyday waiting o=for him to pick up

his kids.

There have been many celebrities that have gotten hurt from the paparazzi, but

Princess Diana was killed in 1997 during a high speed car chase in Paris, France.

Because she was being pursued by the paparazzi. After the accident many people were

taken into custody but no one was convicted, the police said the cause was from speed

and manner of driving. Then there is Britney Spears who has gone to the hospital twice

because of the paparazzi had tripped her down the stairs at a premier. Which costed

$25,000, and the tax payers had to pay for that. Councilman Dennis Zine said after the

Brittany Spears accidents was “ What paparazzi have done is developed a lawless

society were rules don’t apply- on the wrong side of the street, jumping out of cars at

red lights, swarming the car, you don’t do that.”

Some paparazzi can get alot of money just for taking a picture of

a celebrity. Mel Bouzed made $15,000 for a picture of Ben Affleck and Jennifer

Lopez after their breakup, because they were the “hottest couple” and canceled their

wedding. “If I could get a picture of Britney and her baby,” Bouzad claimed, “I’ll be able

to buy a house in the hills (above Sunset Boulevard).” So as you can see if the

paparazzi get the right picture of a famous person, they could make a lot of money.

Paparazzi can be very distressing as you can see. They have injured and killed

people that we look up to, which they do just for one picture that they end up selling. So

the picture that the paparazzi take may be embarrassing or rune the celebrities

reputation. Then there are the paparazzi who fake getting hurt, so they can sue the

celebrities for all their worth. “In 2008 a paparazzo sued the actor Keanu Reeves,

claiming Reeves hit him with his car after he got a picture of him.” New York Times

wrote. “The photographer asked for $700,000, but lost his case because there was too

much inconsistencies in his story.” So I think the paparazzi sounds very desperate for

money, which is a bad thing because people can do bad things when it comes to

money.

So do you think they should be able to get close enough to hurt a celebrate? Or

should they be able to take pictures of celebrities families? Well I would have to say no,

because its their own personal lives outside of the movies or tv shows. “When you have

paparazzi hiding in the bushes outside your home, the only thing you can control is how

you respond publicly.” says Portia de Rossi. “Now I feel I have an unspoken deal with

the paparazzi: I won’t do anything publicly interesting if you agree not to follow me.” said

Matt Damon. After reading all of this, you should now understand how bad the

paparazzi is, and stop them from hurting your favorite celebrity.

A_Journey said...

I like this article (essay?):) But I have suggesstions. 

1. You might want to fix the grammar and structural errors (I'm not sure if the paragraph breaks were your fault or teen ink's fault)

2. Maybe you could use other transition words other than 'So'?

3. You should probably cite your sources.

Thats all! 

Btw, sorry for the advertising, but can you check out my stories: The Bird who looked back or Elmer's School Glue. Thanks!

Ranea said...
i really liked it! good job and i totally get where you were coming from. one day i want to be a famous chef but im don't want to be hounded by the paparazzi. please check out some of my work

KatsK This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree-- although they are famous, there should be limits, and right now they are definitely crossing the line. Your paragraphs were hard to read, but I liked this. Where did you get this information, because you should probably cite it, as you didn't come up with it. 

Lola_Black said...
Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:01 am
As a human being, I definately agree. As a writer, I think you should work on your grammar a bit. The random paragraph breaks threw me off a bit. But aside from that, I like it! Please check out some of my work!

Aspiringauhor said...
I completely agree with this article.. The only thing I would suggest is to be careful of your grammar.

AwesomeNewt said...
that is the main reason i never ever want to be famous

DanceAway This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 16, 2010 at 9:10 am
Wow. I really like the article! I never really thought about it before. The only thing I dont get is the last line, "and stop them from hurting your favorite celebrity." It just doesnt makes sense. But good job!

Rosa21 replied...
I think they're trying to bring across the fact that people AND the celebrities have gotten hurt while the paparazzi are at work - one of those next victims could be your favorite celebrity.