Hollwood

Madonna said it best in her hit single Hollywood. When fame knocks on your door, anyone would go for it. However, no one stays as innocent as they were when they were first came to the treacherous business of fame.

Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan has been my favorite actress ever since her movie Freaky Friday. She made her first movie debut at twelve years old in The Parent Trap, but Lindsay’s career started with baby modeling, commercials, and soap operas starting at age three.

Lindsay’s career zoomed into being an actress/singer. From being a Disney movie star to her serious R rated movies and her albums Speak, RAW, and Bossy, Lindsay is and was a true star. I remember seeing her on every magazine in circa 2005. What exactly changed about the once cute redhead?

Hillary Duff

Hillary Duff had a actress/singer career foundation similar to Lindsay’s. She started playing minor roles in movies at age twelve. However, her career really started with the Disney Channel classic Lizzie McGuire series. Hillary was truly a Disney star when she did the original movies such as Cadet Kelly and The Lizzie McGuire Movie. After Lizzie McGuire, Hillary started to make her own music. Her albums Metamorphosis and Dignity contained her hits Why Not, So Yesterday, and With Love.

She has made several movies and songs that have made her successful. However, Hillary has made it crystal clear that she is not the teen Disney star she used to be. She has done many independent films such as War Inc. and more recently What Goes Up. To my knowledge, these movies depict Hillary as a rebellious and sluttish character. In fact, her song and music video Reach Out showed her as a sexually active, dirty, and disturbed person. Who is Hillary Duff: innocent, sweet Lizzie McGuire or another wild and crazy star?

So, What Happened?

These are two of many celebrities who have changed after many years of fame. Little girls and boys whose parents push them into the spotlight start out innocent, sweet, and clean. Of course, no one stays like that, but these people decide somewhere along their stardom rode that unless they don’t act sluttish, no one will buy their records and movies or come to their concerts. People obviously change after being under the microscopes. Life suddenly becomes about gaining/losing popularity, and losing it all would be as horrible as withdraw from drugs. However, people on the outside of Hollywood mustn’t judge celebrities. We have no idea…

“…how could it hurt you when it looks so good?”

Madonna

Hollywood

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 14, 2011 at 7:48 pm:
yeps, very sad.  well written too.  i don't follow madonna or lady gaga, i don't care for them at all, i just like to laugh and gape at lady gaga's awful and wacko outfits.  i think that LG is slightly crazy.

DaddyzUnwantedDolly said...
I agree with you, I just watched it and she looks like she is trying to be Lady Gaga... But not quite sure I watched not even half the video. She was better before, more unique.

Jacob44 replied...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:38 pm :
Lady Gaga is a Madonna wanna-be and Ke$ha is a Lady Gaga wanna-be. Though Lady Gaga was grossly eccentric with her nasty dress of raw meat.

peaceluvpups said...
May 28, 2010 at 8:16 pm:
I know Beyonce said something like "The heels hurt, the earings are too big, and my clothes are too tight, but i do it for fashion" (Thats not her exact words btw)

MercuryG replied...
May 29, 2010 at 8:56 pm :

That's very interesting... ;)

peaceluvpups replied...
May 31, 2010 at 8:19 pm :
yea. I've read that quotes in multiple places

ZAVERY said...
This is a well-supported piece of text. Very nice work on this! :)

soccerchickunc said...
this is really really interesting & you make very good points (: good job!