Miley Cyrus Scandals

By , Fontana, CA
The recent and not so recent Miley Cyrus scandalous pictures have shown sixteen year old Disney star in some racy poses and clothing. This article, unlike many others concerning this over publicized teenage star, is not written to spew angry comments, but to merely state what has happened. Miley Cyrus is the young star of Disney’s very successful T.V show, Hannah Montana. Since the age of thirteen, Miley has been Hannah Montana and has now become one of the most successful teen stars in history. Disney stars are known as child actors, actors that are usually young teens and are actors for shows that children watch. Disney stars are supposedly squeaky clean. When Vanessa Hudgens, Gabriella in HSM, joined Disney, some nude pictures she had taken surfaced onto the Internet. This caused a great controversy for Disney since HSM was a movie made for children and preteens. From day one, Miley has seemed like the good girl, Christian, from a loving family, and of course, she was squeaky clean. Until her Vanity Fair photoshoot, showing the fifteen year old child actress wearing nothing but a blanket wrapped around her. Disney and Miley were quick to react to the public’s anger, but Miley has also stated that she isn’t sorry about her pictures and would like to do more photoshoots with Annie Leibovitz. Annie intended the pictures to be something simple and beautiful. Many would say that she did achieve this goal, since Miley looks gorgeous in the pictures. After the Vanity Fair Scandal, more pictures of Miley, this time take by herself, surfaced on Myspace. Many were pictures of Miley clad in nothing but a bra and underwear. A couple pictures that caused the most talk were ones of Miley with her “boyfriend”. In one, they were cuddling and in another, Miley was wearing only black underwear and a black bra. Not long after these pictures were called into notice, Disney responded by saying that the girl in those pictures was not Miley, but a clever look a like. Is this true? Or just damage control? After this, someone hacked into Miley’s iPhone and found a picture of her in the shower wearing a white shirt. Supposedly, this picture was sent to Nick Jonas, her ex-boyfriend. What is my take on all of this bad media? I can only say one thing, and it’s the one thing I have been saying for a long time: Miley is a 16 year old girl. She will make mistakes like every other 16 year old girl! Yes, the pictures were scandalous and inappropriate, but she’s no Britney Spears, and her pictures are not as bad as Vanessa Hudgens, who has not really been so much in the spotlight. Miley has a lot of pressure on her for a teen girl. She has millions of children looking up to her and she is expected to be perfect, but seriously? No one can be perfect. Give it a rest. Miley made mistakes. WHO DOESN’T??? I’m not saying that it was right for her to take those pictures, but I am saying that we should forgive and forget.

This has been the DisneyFan354. Stay tuned in for my next article!

Becky97 said...
Feb. 25 at 4:15 pm:
I never liked Miley Cyrus, but I honestly believe she's receiving way too much attention. It's annoying. But she's enjoying it.

RonnieAguilar69 said...
Disney Channel actors and musicians all change after they're off contract. That's how they get them, they perceive this nice little character but end up being something completely opposite.

ThisBreRulezYouSonnn said...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 6:58 am:

I was probably 11 when I was introduced to Hannah Montana. Miley Cyrus used to be really pretty and have good fashion sense and was really sweet (on her show). Towards the end of her show, she turned really snobby, bratty, and her fashion sense less kid-like. But through out the show, her music was either about partying or herself, the acting was poor, and the jokes on the show weren't funny. I stopped watching her after the first season.

None of the characters were likable--not Jackso... (more »)

SasuSakusLittleGrl said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:54 pm:
I agree with you a hundred percent! She's growing up and moving on; why are people making a big deal about? I mean, she's already eighteen, she can do what she wants. Lots of people do what she does, the difference is that she's famous and others aren't. I like Miley because she's trying out new things and she's growing up! She'll always have that small space in my heart.

VtheK replied...
Sept. 2, 2013 at 1:34 am :
I think the problem is with people's insecurities; watching Miley grow out of her girl-next-door image is a bit like watching your actual girl next door start hitting the bars and, um, on people. Stars can be very relatable personalities - we tend to cultivate an image of them and hey, it's their responsibility as stars to keep it up. 

LexiB said...
Oct. 16, 2010 at 9:23 am:
Miley Cyrus has a *few* good songs, and the show is okay, but I'm not a huge fan of her. I think she's heading down the road to be the next Britney Spears.

MILEY IS WACK!!! said...
Jun. 2, 2010 at 1:25 pm:
i think that miley cyrus is wacK!i am not a fan of hers and never will be. i can't believe in the music video party in the USA she wore those short shorts and practically pole danced!! thats gross shes like 17!! shes growing up too fast! SLOW DOWN THERE SALLY

esist replied...
Oct. 12, 2010 at 7:33 pm :
you're my new favorite person just for that simple little paragraph. :D

lnvo97 replied...
Nov. 25, 2010 at 7:01 pm :
Dude! You are like my new hero!!! just by that paragraph and the screen name!!!

Muzic4MeAlways This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 11, 2010 at 6:52 pm:
ok ill admit it im a fan of miley But i still think think the things she did was wrong...and has anyone seen her new video for the song cant Be tamed? racy, racy...

everthought replied...
Jul. 16, 2010 at 12:58 pm :

racy?

it was a joke!!! I thought it was hilarious, the whole bird-theme and all. but I guess some 8 yr old fan of miley could find that disturbing, and I don't blame them.

mileymileymiley replied...
Oct. 12, 2010 at 6:10 pm :
It wasn't supposed to be a joke. If you're talking about the "haha" kind. She took the video very seriously. And for someone who has proclaimed astinence till marriage, she ain't convincing me...

monsterxcities This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 10:03 am:
Though I may not be a fan of hers, I must say that we should just give her a break. There are plenty of sixteen y/o girls out there doing the same thing and worse but the public does not condem them. Why? Simply put, they are average people and not some Hollywood pop starlet. We tend to forget that she too is human and as a human, bound to make mistakes. Nice essay.

luv_and_peace said...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 12:25 am:

I really liked what you had to say, and I completely agree. Every 16 year old makes some mistakes, they just don't have to deal with millions of people. The fact that she has these pictures shouldn't take away from her talent either. She is very talented at both acting and singing.

The final season of Hannah Montana just ended, and I'm happy that she's moving on. She's beginning to break away from Disney and pursue a more adult career, which I think she could be very successful at.

Anoma21 said...
Mar. 26, 2010 at 11:11 am:
Now I'm not a big Miley fan in general but i will back her up on this. It's ludicrous that people should be expected be anything that they don't want to be. Clearly when Miley took those photos she wasn't thinking about being a role model for 8-12 year olds, she was trying to be artistic and express some beauty with a couple very tasteful photographs and there is nothing wrong with that. These crazy parents that expect Miley to be a perfect, innocent child just because their kid watches their sh... (more »)

Acullen13 said...
those pictures never surfaced the internet. or if they did, when u google miley, they don't come up and the "scandal" was never reported in any entertainment show or magazine....

sandraa replied...
Mar. 27, 2010 at 9:23 am :
yes those picture show up on the net.  if i search miley cyrus pictures of her the she took in like.. her underwear do come up

AveryG13 replied...
Mar. 28, 2010 at 4:35 pm :
That's a swimsuit, einstein. It's called a bikini.

sandra replied...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 9:59 am :
i wrote this article k?  and yeah some pics are of her in swimsuits, thats fine, but there are pictures of her like lifting her shirt up and stuff those are the pictures i was talking about in my article

AveryG13 replied...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 12:59 pm :
Those pictures are of people who have taken pictures of themselves and then photo shopped Miley Cyrus onto their face. And I am fully aware that you write this article because your name is at the top.