Sibling of trouble | Teen Ink

Sibling of trouble

By Morgan24 BRONZE, Haslett, Michigan
Morgan24 BRONZE, Haslett, Michigan

Most people don’t understand what most teenagers go through. What  adults should be noticed is the things the teenagers are doing. It takes less than five minutes a day to be a parent or a friend to teenagers that seem upset or hurt, Make sure you save that time.
Information
1. The people they hang out with: Most teenagers get into trouble most of the time with certain people they hang out with it might take some time to realize the difference in what they do but it will make a big impact so don’t take too long.
2. Notice any Alcohol/Drug use: Teenagers tend to act different when being under the influence even when sober you can notice a change in act from before and after they started using.
3. Getting away from favorite friends and family: If the teenager is spending less time with people they’re usually with check up on them and see what is going on.
4. Drop in grades: A teenager likely will do less in school if they are more focused on something terrible and don’t pay attention in class and start not caring about many things.
5. Bruises and Marks: Notice if they have any marks on them to make sure they are okay check up on them monthly try and make sure nothing seems out of place for them.
6. Aggressive attitude: If a teenager acts rebellious against family and just ignoring them see what’s going on you don’t need to punish them just take some time to catch up with how they are feeling.
7. Getting into fights: Notice if your child is getting  very aggressive towards others and figure out what the problem could be to extinguish it.

Conclusion:
Be different in a child's life let them know you're there for them at all times. Don't let anyone feel alone ever they will do many things for attention but it takes parents many signs to realize them and can hurt anyone immediately.

Im gonna be honest being the brother of someone who's used drugs,alcohol and drives kinda hurts me personally. It shows that i obviously can do something but im to scared to make an  effort knowing if they ignore me i'll be hurt or showed aggresion against. Just recently i noticed my sister drinking i can't sit there and talk to her about everytime i try im yelled at. Just know never to be scared to help family and friends it will be hard but i promise if you try hard enough they will listen.