Disappointment This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We are the medicated generation
Pill popping each day
Solving our “problems”
We are starving for attention
Literally, starving each day,
and purging ourselves, begging to be free
Of our insecurities
We are the overweight population
Fast-food junkies to the core
Eating away at our lives
We are saddened by society
Depressed from just living
Desperate for happiness
We are at war
With countries, with ourselves
Killing each other without second thoughts
We are obsessed
With meaningless pop culture
Celebreality as our focus
We are the stressed and distressed
Panicking over simple tasks
Nervously awaiting another day
We are the careless
Polluting what’s left of the earth
Killing the world around us day by day
We are a disappointment
To ourselves and to those before us
Letting life get the best of us,
while destroying what’s left

LynneGeorge19 said...
Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:51 am:
According to my own monitoring, thousands of people on our planet receive the business loans at good creditors. Hence, there's good chances to get a commercial loan in all countries.

rheameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:02 am:
lovely poem ! a brilliant blend of all the civic problems! its the world in words1

Candice J. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Beautifully worded and an excellent topic of discussion!

Whitney S. said...
This gets the point across without being to harsh. I think the word usage and how it was put was very good and there were no grammar mistakes or anything. Very goood!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 11:07 am:
Eloquently written~ everything that's wrong with our world put into so many words

AnonymousKLM said...

This is imperfectly beautiful and stunningly dark. 

BlueBubbles95 said...
Love that it showed the truth!

Dayday16 said...
May 9, 2011 at 2:19 pm:
this is soooo true and its soo sad. just think we could change this one step at a time, but we need to stay focused and keep interest in what we are fighting for.

3moh3art11639 said...
o my jeaus! I love this, out generation is litrally destroyed by drugs to pop culture and everything between we just got to learn how to stop it and do for oursleves and no one else we got to be selfish and be ourselves  for once

hybridtheory said...
i love this! and i love the beginning 'we are the madicated generation' sooo true!

hybridtheory replied...
Nov. 14, 2010 at 6:42 pm :
oops, i meant medicated!

Trevor M. said...
This artical is amazeing it describes so many people in this world all the dissappoint ment in tis generation is Phenomenal is people were more Conscious about what their eatng then the would wouldn't be like it is to day would it?

monkeyfaceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 17, 2010 at 12:16 am:

i think that the reason that i like this soooo much is because its so true in only a limited short piece of writing it summerized all about...well everything that has to do with drrugs and what they do to you

its amazig many people try it once thinking that it wont hurt them or affect them... but it does alot of the time they become addicted the first time they try it and then cant get off of it... thats what they die from eventually... and its hard for them sometimes its impossiblemore »)

monkeyfaceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 17, 2010 at 12:17 am :
sorry about the misspellings though

windryder said...
Aug. 16, 2010 at 10:45 am:
this is really good. you are talented.

Heathurrlovesyouu said...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 12:37 am:
This is brilliant!

abc123def456 said...
May 8, 2010 at 6:50 pm:
Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

GigglyAmber said...
Apr. 5, 2010 at 10:41 am:
I love this. It's great. Love your way of writing. I especially love your first verse which is were I relate 100% .

notebookgirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 1, 2010 at 7:00 pm:
its a bit depressing but you do have a point

staceynyc28 said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 3:33 pm:
i love it. its so true