Smoking Kills | Teen Ink

Smoking Kills

By Dilusha BRONZE, Farmington Hills, Michigan
Dilusha BRONZE, Farmington Hills, Michigan

Nearly one of the every five deaths in the United State are caused by the effects of smoking (Effects of smoking on your on your health).Do you know smoking harm nearly every organ in your body? Therefore, smokers should pay more attention to their health.If a person knew the actual ingredients of  cigarettes, they may never smoke cigarettes.Cigarettes  have arsenic used in medieval  time as an assassination weapon and nicotine, another drug that is poisonous to the human body.Methane is used to make rocket fuel and ammonia is used to clean floors. Carbon Monoxide is a part of car exhaust fumes.Fifty percent of all smokers are dying due to illnesses related to smoking.For example, one of my friends started smoking at the age of 14 and became very thin.At age 23, he got married and became a father, but he couldn't spend his life with his children.When he was 28, he got cancer in his lungs and a few months later, he died.

Smokers are not  affecting only themselves, they also affect the other people around them.When other people are breathing the smoke, it goes to his or her body too.In fact the cigarette packets are labeled"SMOKING KILLS" or "SMOKING CAUSES LUNG CANCER"but people don't care they still smoke."Males are  23 times more likely to develop lung cancer than those who have never smoke" (Why smoking is bad for you?)Some diseases caused by smoking include heart problems, lungs & mouth cancers.Also, if they are young people abusing smoking, when they become adults, their body & skin will look old.Likewise,smoking causes a person to smell bad.

"In the USA approximately 3,000 adults die  each year due to lung cancer from secondhand smoke exposure" (Health effects of Smoking)Smoking is particularly dangerous for pregnant women.In some cases, pregnant smoking women have given birth to mentally handicapped and even physically deformed babies.It may also cause low birth weight (Reasons to quit smoking).smoking also one of the reasons for sudden death.We should save people's lives who are dying from smoking cigarettes every day.People should try to quit smoking and should spend time doing something like working or volunteering.Instead of buying cigarette packets, people should donate that money to the poor people or buy some food for homeless peoples.

I wrote this article because most of the people are smoking over the wrold