You Shouldn't Mess With This Killer... Heroin! | Teen Ink

You Shouldn't Mess With This Killer... Heroin!

Dope, Snowball, Dragon, Big H or the queen of all drugs--whatever you call it, it's still Heroin! According to National data from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration shows that the number of teens dying from heroin abuse has skyrocketed. In 1999, 198 people between the ages of 15 and 24 died of a heroin overdose, compared to 510 deaths in 2009, the latest year data was taken(Top 10 Drugs Used by Teens | Drug and...) Heroin is made from the seed pod of the opium poppy plant. Heroin usually is a snow white or brown powder and or a gooey black tar texture(Heroin )Yup ,It's a killer teens shouldn't do heroin because it’s not good for their health, could become addicted and end with not so good effects and lastly you could get into some kind of trouble. 

First, Heroin is not good for a teens health. Heroin causes dangerous side effects that can even lead up to very bad results! Most people take this drug because of its super highs. When this queen drug is injected into your body it instantly cause maximum relaxation.Usually, when heroin is taking its mixed with water and its injected it into the body and travels to the brain where it begins to turn into morphine.While the morphine is at the brain and near the brain stem it begins to mess with opioid receptors.That wouldn't be good because it's messing with the controls of the brain.If these receptors are affected it mess with the way people breath(By Jen Christensen 2014)"Usually when you are sleeping, your body naturally remembers to breathe. In the case of a heroin overdose, you fall asleep and essentially your body forgets."- Dr. Karen Drexler director of the addiction psychiatry residency training program and an associate professor in Emory University's psychiatry and behavioral sciences department. A risk like that is not worth losing your ability to breath.

Ongoing, you could get into some kind of trouble(Heroin )”Heroin is an illegal drug that's listed as a Schedule I substance in the United States”. Heroin users start off smoking and snorting the drug. They believe that doing this would not lead to an addiction but, when their body starts to gets use to it they graduate and turn to injections. Some users become very addicted and they become broke, because they have ran out of money trying to get to this drug so they turn to stealing from others or just even stealing this powerful drug itself! If they get caught then their consequences are very high they could get fines or even end up in jail. 

Lasty, you could become addicted and end with not so good effects from this powerful drug. Addictions start by taking the drug and having your body to feel good(Does Addiction Run in Families? 2015) Your body really loves this feel good feeling so it wants more. So user take it over and over to get the feel good sensation. When the body can't get its high feeling you become sick without it. Most addictions can lead up to death.The biggest cause that would lead to this horrible end would be an overdose.Quitting heroin is very hard to let go of, the symptoms are not easy to deal with. Remember, with just one use could end your life.

Other might say,you should try out, heroin because it  feels good y'all have super highs.True, but if you get too relaxed with it your body could forget to breath and remember with just one try you could become addicted and most likely y’all died. Another reason why some might say that you should take heroin is because it’s cool and everyone is doing it! If I were you I wouldn't take a risk to end my life in one bad choice. Some users might say that this drugs will help you overcome lots of stress.Turning to drugs to cope with you stress would not be a very good choice to get rid of stress try lighting a candle and taking a warm bubble bath with the jets on or how about  laying down for a nice long nap or even just talk it out with a friend or a family member. Drugs are never not the answer.

Teens should not try heroin out because it’s not good for their bodies. Addictions could end with death and lastly you could be messing with the law.“The chance of becoming addicted is higher with heroin than with most other drugs. Sadly, many people become addicted after only one use. Because all it takes is one time to become addicted, and because that one time can kill you, it's important to avoid heroin at all costs. No amount of peer pressure  is worth a life. Even if heroin doesn't end a life, it can definitely ruin one after only one use”. Just remember to say no to drugs! For more help call 1-800-775-8750 or visit (Nicknames for Heroin )