Smoking Kills; Kill Smoking | Teen Ink

Smoking Kills; Kill Smoking

October 15, 2015
By SandraNair GOLD, Trivandrum,Kerala, Other
SandraNair GOLD, Trivandrum,Kerala, Other
10 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"One Child,One teacher,One book and one pen can change the world"- Didi(Malala Yousafzai).

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow,learn as if you were to live forever"
- Mahatma Gandhi


Cigarettes contain 43 toxic elements including nicotin, tar and carbon monoxide which can cause cancer.Cigaratte smoking can destroy your life and you. These are all some of the things which we all know. Cigarette packets have printed words and pictures asking the smokers to stop killing themselves.  Still smokers increase on one side while many plans have been started to reduce smoking.


I am not talking about these things that you all are familiar with. But this is to let you know what all happens when you start smoking, not inside your body externally; instead what happens around you, to your family and to your rare happy life.


If someone who has never smoked is reading this and intends to smoke please do read this and change your mind. Because I am a true victim, being the daughter of a smoker.


My father who is good at heart is a very good smoker. Smoke in the sense, he smokes about two r three cigarettes within 30 minutes or so. (While I was writing this I saw him climbing the stairs to the outdoor free space where he has made his ‘smoking home’. I heard the sound of the lighter being clicked. Sure, he has taken a cigarette on his hand.) That means on an average of 16 waking-hours, he may smoke up to 32 cigarettes. Can you imagine? This is much enough to stop it and try some medicine to save him. He may know all these things and still not intending to stop his very dangerous habit of smoking.


I have never heard him ask to my sister and me about anything. He doesn’t even enquire whether we have eaten something or not. Because he doesn’t have time, other than to pick up his phone, (the devil of our home; my mother says that my father’s wife is his mobile phone) cigarette and go up to the ‘sit-out’. We are not supposed to let him know that cigarette is dangerous. He then immediately gets angry which leads to family fights and my mother’s tears.


Cigarette not only kills but destroys everything and anything. It is a Tsunami which washes off your happiness and peace. Let us together think of killing him, the smiling evil- Cigarette.