Smoking Is Still a Problem Amongst Young Teens | Teen Ink

Smoking Is Still a Problem Amongst Young Teens

By dory13 BRONZE, Amherst, New York
dory13 BRONZE, Amherst, New York

Do you know that a great amount of high schools student  do some kind of drug. High school students mainly smoke marijuana. Smoking marijuana is still a problem amongst young teenagers. Close to a third of the teenagers you ever will talk to, have probably tried smoking or consistently smoke marijuana smoking has became a problem to these young kids and it's going to affect their everyday lives. For many years now teens think that's it's okay smoke at a young age, and what they don't realize is that it's going to affect them later in in their lives.                                                                                                        

Within the last 10 years the smoking rates among teens were extremely high.

Studies show that in one year, 3,765 teens have started smoking.  A whopping 23% of high school students have tried smoking, that’s almost ¼ of the high school population. . To many teens are not thinking ahead and seeing that their life is going to take a wrong turn and it’s going to ruin their life.

Teen smoking is growing rapidly and more and more teens are trying it everyday. Most teens first ever try it when they are about 13. Smoking is becoming to easy of an access, thats teens all over are doing it.  Each day, nearly 3,000 teens try smoking and see what it’s like. In the year 2013, studies should that every one out of the 3 high school students asked have admitted to smoking marijuana. The reason that so many teens are found smoking pot is because of their age. Teens are hunted by predators because they are easy targets and these teens fall into the trap and end up smoking pot.

A proven fact is that most teens that smoke usually start around the age of 13, well shockingly 15% of teens have tried it since they were in 8th grade. That is ridiculous, a 13 year old boy or girl has tried an illegal drug before they were even able to drive . Teen pot smoking is found more in male gender than the females. A solid 12.7% are males while it’s only 11% for the females . The teen smoking rate is absurd, and these young kids know that it’s not good for the body and realize they are killing the time of life that they have.

How many college dropouts are caused because of the use of marijuana, 1,133! 47% are male participants, they all started their freshman year between that ages of 17-19 . Marijuana has a major effect on your education and smoking it heavily during school is going to have a harsh impact to your overall college career. Teenagers that smoke massive amounts will struggle later ok in their life due to depression. Some teenage even drop out of school because of early depression because what happens is teens get so hooked on it and it's the only thing that they look forward to so they don't worry about their school work and do very poorly with school .

Depression is found in most teen that smoke pot. This is because the drug makes teen want it and it become a habit and it's all they do so their life becomes nothing but a boring drug life. The main drug is marijuana is THC it's what makes the user calm and relax and have no motivation therefor, they don't do anything productive. After the user smokes a set amount their body shuts down and they don't realize what their doing to themselves and they just don't care so everything important in their life they don't care about it.

Although teen smoking seems to be a major problem, the statistics have gone down a significant amount within the last couple years. In high school the smoking rates have dropped 16% among young teens. Even though the rates are high, teens are making an improvement on quitting. Teens are hooked and that is why they have such a hard time on quitting because they are addicted to the drug. A man once said “ it’s encouraging that (9-12) graders are making better choices and becoming more healthy”.

All in all teen are still way too high for what they should be, yes it is good that the number are going down more and more each year. Teens just need to learn that smoking can cause some serious damage to the body and that the longer they wait to quit the harder it will be to quit. Over such a short time so many teens have been smoking drugs and there has been nothing done to try to stop it. But i do have to say that it is good that all the numbers are going down but, still are not going down enough.

Fgghnhggx said...
LLLLLLLLLL