A Bad Influence | Teen Ink

A Bad Influence

February 1, 2015
By Austin-Ginsberg SILVER, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Austin-Ginsberg SILVER, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Smoking, it looks cool and helps some people with stress. But smoking has been a real problem with the teenage community over the years. The parents are the first ones to lay down the law when it comes to their children smoking. The thing is that the parents are bad influences when it comes to smoking. They expect their child to sit around and watch them smoke without ever wondering how it feels to actually smoke. Parents are molding their children to smoke by not caring what they do in front of them.

But now it isn’t just parents smoking in front of their children anymore. Nowadays e-cigarettes are the safer choice for smokers. And the best part is, they come in all sorts of flavors too! I personally know a mother who decided that buys her daughter e-cigarettes so she can look cool without all of the bad effects.

Parents think if they get their children nicotine free substitutes for cigarettes nothing bad will happen. But by doing this they are basically saying that they are fine with their child smoking. Instead of showing that it’s so “cool and great” to smoke there are parents today that are actually sticking the cigarette in the mouth of their own flesh and blood!

Parents do not deserve to be upset at their smoking child. When you groom your child to smoke, you do not get to pretend like their smoking isn’t your fault.


The author's comments:

The hypocricy of parenting makes no sense. Parents should practice what they preach.