Smokers Shall Quit Smoking | Teen Ink

Smokers Shall Quit Smoking

November 22, 2014
By Christie418 BRONZE, Hong Kong, California
Christie418 BRONZE, Hong Kong, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Never go down without a fight


Adults always stop us from doing many different things, and tell us to follow what they ask us to do. They tell us to wash our hands before eating as bacteria on our hands might cause sickness. They tell us not to buy toys because they think that we're wasting our money, and they tell us to stay away from some friends as they'll lead us down the wrong path. But smoking will also cause these problems, so why don't they quit smoking?

 

According to researches, smokers die 10 years earlier than non-smokers. This may sound stupid as everyone will die one day, but what about suffering from terrible diseases before that? Many smokers suffers from different kinds of cancers and lung diseases as cigarettes contain many toxic chemicals, many smokers say that they regret their choice. They have to receive many medical treatements which make them suffer a lot and lead to many other problems. "This is torturing me," said one of the smokers and lung disease patients. Smoking has NO advantages, and will cause many sickness. Without smoking, we can all enjoy a better life.

 

People always claim that they don't have enough money to buy flats, to donate them to the poor or to buy what they need, but why can they afford smoking if life is that hard? Each pack of cigarette costs around $50(HKD), and everyday, smokers normally need more than a pack of cigarette to curb their addiction. Let's assume that each smoker needs 2 packs of cigarettes per day. If they quited smoking, they can save $2800(HKD) per month! Isn't that amazing? This money can be used on other useful and meaningful things. So why don't they quit smoking and save some money?

 

Everyone knows that quitting smoking is not an easy job, but there are ways to control yourselves. Why don't we stay away from those friends who smoke, or even quit smoking with them? This can prevent you from going down to the wrong path.

 

Since smoking will affect our health and will waste our money, smoker should quit smoking for a better life.


The author's comments:

It's actually a piece of impromptu wrting written during exam, feel free to comment below. Thanks for reading:)