Meth | Teen Ink

Meth

March 25, 2014
By BradyMcQuack BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
BradyMcQuack BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Brady tastes like butter
-Arnold Schwartzenager


Meth is a big problem in our society because it changes people in many ways. It does this by turning them into psychopaths, making them extremely underweight, making them ill, and/or causing them to have bad hygiene. Methamphetamine, made by Methedrine and Desoxyn, was used to cure narcolepsy, alcoholism, a disorder called Minimal Brain Dysfunction, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and even obesity, but when people tried it, they would get hooked on it, and be negatively affected. This is a big problem in our world, and it needs to be fixed.

Small doses of meth can cause an irregular heartbeat, increased blood pressure and an increased body temperature. These effects, especially when a larger amount of meth is taken, can cause you to die because of a heart attack, stroke, or organ failure due to overheating. Meth works by changing the way the brain functions. First, it increases the release of the brain chemical called “dopamine”. Simultaneously, it stops the brain from absorbing the dopamine released. Studies show that changes in the brain’s dopamine system are linked with reduced motor skills and messed up verbal skills.

Meth is a very addictive drug, and large amounts can have a negative effect on your brain and body. Abusing the drug can cause an extreme loss of weight, severe dental problems, and can lead to sores and scabs on your skin and face. Constant meth abusers can become extremely violent. Meth users can often show a range of psychotic behaviors including delusions, hallucinations, and paranoia. Feeling insects under your skin is one of the most common delusions which occurs to most meth abusers.

There isn’t a very sufficient solution to fix this problem, because meth abusers will just keep abusing it. The only people that can help it are the people that are using it. My solution for them would be to take a rehab class and try to get sober. You can go to a detox clinic or residential facility and stay there until you are free of psychotic symptoms and are stabilized enough for medical treatment. You could also get into a treatment program that addresses your constant anxiety and depression and that teaches you strategies about how to manage your feelings without relapse.

Overall, Meth is a terrible and fatal problem in our nation and our world. The only people that can help to stop this problem are the ones who are taking it. Meth is overly addictive and very hard to quit so it needs to stop being used all around the globe.


The author's comments:
MMMMMMMMMMMMM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH