The War on Drugs | Teen Ink

The War on Drugs

By Chino73 BRONZE, Holland, Michigan
Chino73 BRONZE, Holland, Michigan

The problem is Drug cartels and the lives they take with them. This is a war on drugs. Mexico versus the cartels that operate there. It is taking place on the border of Mexico and the United States of America. According to the New York times “About 26,000 missing person sit in the governments database”. This is a problem still happening today.

There is anyone who disagrees about this except the cartels themselves. The way they are going about their business requires too many illegal activities. They are trafficking illegal drugs into America to sell them in the states.

There are people who stand in their way. However, they are either paid off or they disappear. This is the way Mexico has been and will be like if nothing is done.

The way this conflict should be solved is to legalize marijuana. This will make the price go down and encourage cartels to no longer transport the drugs across the border, because the money they get back won't be worth the trouble. Acording to regulate marijuana.org “Much of the violence escalating on the Mexican border revolves around the actions of Mexican drug cartels fighting over profits from marijuana sales.”

No one has ever actually died from an overdose of marijuana. It actually kills less people than cigarettes do. According to drugpolicy.org “Despite the fact that marijuana's effects are less harmful than those of most other drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, it is the most common drug that people are arrested for possessing.”

The War On Drugs

The War On Drugs

The War On Drugs

Some say that Mexico should step it up, but if it is affecting both sides, shouldn’t both sides do something? Both sides need to work together to help instead of doing two half-hearted attempts at solving the problem.

on Aug. 26 2013 at 4:18 am
Following my monitoring, billions of people on our planet receive the home loans at good creditors. Thence, there's a good chance to find a short term loan in every country.

on Jul. 29 2013 at 9:52 am
I guess that to get the mortgage loans from banks you must present a good motivation. Nevertheless, once I've got a consolidation loan, just because I was willing to buy a car.