It makes me feel good, and so I give in. | Teen Ink

It makes me feel good, and so I give in.

By boricua505 GOLD, Savannah, Georgia
boricua505 GOLD, Savannah, Georgia

Too thug for the streets.
It's all about that thug life.

Don't we all feel like that at some point? We feel like our lives are just taking a complete turn down the wrong path, nothing is going right, too much stress for us to handle, so we often give in to being the victim to alcohol,or drugs. They help drown out what's happening in the real world, they help relieve stress, and help make our problems more manageable. Sometimes, we give in to other things to help us feel better about ourselves, like injuring ourselves. All just to see a quarter of the light in our very dark worlds. We hink it helps us, strengthen us, but the question is does it really? Are we really looking for the help we need in drugs, or alcohol, or even injuring ourselves ? Do we really think it's going to make things better ? Hep our self esteem a tiny bit? sometimes it may feel like it. Sometimes it feels like these things really do help us through our problems. Sometimes it may feel like it helps us escape what's happening here on earth. Wouldn't you agree ? Wouldn't you think that is the answer to all of our problems , when in reality nothing has really changed? We do this, in search of comfort when deep down we know it's not going to change anything, never less help us. in fact it just brings us down, hurts our body, and see ideal rather than real. These things don't help, and we know that, and still we fill our head with the ideal image that they do. They don't, we all know it. But I have better options to what can get us the help we desperately need, or the help we desperately search for. it doesn't involve hurting us. I know I sound like a mom, but I know what's it like to be in a position such as yours. Look for help, talk to people, distance yourself from thing or people that hurt you. Don't give in to being a victim, that's what drugs and alcohol do. They mess us up. We know it, look for help. The right kind of help. I did, and i couldn't have asked for better .

Pewdiepie said...
doing drugs illeagily is so dumb

JanAsh BRONZE said...
JanAsh BRONZE, Portwentworth, Georgia
This is so trueee ! i keep reading this over and over ! I love your writing (: