Legalization Of Marijuana. | Teen Ink

Legalization Of Marijuana.

By imDuzzy BRONZE, Hampstead, Maryland
imDuzzy BRONZE, Hampstead, Maryland

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

So there are A LOT of misconceptions about marijuana. It doesn't cause loss of brain cells, addiction, or death. The only down side to marijuana is that it will lower your lung capacity if you don't exercise regularly. That's the ONLY thing. The only way there will be a death contributed from JUST marijuana is if someone smokes their body weight in the course of 5 minutes. Which is impossible. The reason of death would be suffocation. Now to the reason how of it became illegal, was the farmers who were using Kanabis (Marijuana) for clothing, which is turned into hemp. The farmers were making a ton of money of it. Rather than using cotton. Which upset our American money grubbing government. So they outlawed the use of Kanabis to anyone, and since then have never looked back. Now I think that the government wont make Marijuana legal right now, due to the fact, they don't want to admit they were wrong about it. If you don't believe me, please go watch the documentary entitled " The Union: The business behind getting high." It is very informative on this subject. And let's be honest; how many of murders and car accidents have you heard of have to deal with marijuana? How many deaths have you heard of due to an overdose of marijuana? None. By the way, yes I smoke marijuana, and looking forward to making brownies and eating them. But I will never smoke cigarettes, they cause cancer, and have nicotine, which is the addictive additive in them. You can't always believe what you hear from your teachers and t.v. I'm not telling you to go out and do it, just giving you the truth about marijuana. It is your choice what to do now.

Truth about marijuana.