True Life.

As I was reading a book all about how some guy gave up his life, money, and everything he ever knew to help kids have a better life. I got to the part where he was helping a teenage girl fight drugs. Then suddenly my brain, this book and my heart clicked. I had a crazy idea. I want to create a program to help kids get a successful life. Every day I'm offered drugs. I hear students younger than me talk about sex, and drugs. I've realized teachers have stopped teaching us what life is really about. They teach everything that's in a book. You can't have real raw life experience if you aren't learning what you really need to know when you step out onto the street. I'm sick of learning these strange and unrealistic stories you get in a book that's thrown onto you desk. What is really going on in this world? Luckily I don't give into peer pressure and can say no very easy and quick, but unfortunately kids out there aren't they give in and give up. Half of what they do is well what would my ma or pops think about what I'm doing? Would they beat me or eve care? That's the first thing I think about when I'm slowly being placed in a small box with a decision good or bad? Now, parents are even worse then some of the kids at my school. If your parents would probably be doing what you should be avoiding then you wouldn't care about the decision. There has to be a way to help those kids,who don't care. I want to walk into a classroom excited to learn things i can actually use in life. I have found a way, and will not give up. There is hope, just keep looking.

Jesusisalive said...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 1:55 am:

Chrissy102, I will totally pray that you don't EVER get into drugs or anything like that. I have never taken drugs and I NEVER want to. I had a best friend who took drugs. And it is so sad. When people take drugs they are doing things to their body that was never meant to happen. It really is heartbreaking to know that people do these things. You see people pass you on the street all the time and for all you know they could be addicted to many different kinds of thingd. It is s... (more »)

ChevelleNichole<3 said...
Mar. 17, 2010 at 12:28 pm:
I totally agree with this. I am very strong willed and see no point in the whole drug scene. My boyfriend on the other hand has this thing where he always has to have people like him so if he is offered, he takes it. it has put so much stress on our relationship and his life in general. its a very sad thing. He doesn't even see how much it controls him and i hate it. I dont agree with drugs but i wont judge someone for doing them, sometimes it's so sad to see someone stuck in the situa... (more »)

NickizCrazy replied...
Sept. 9, 2010 at 10:12 pm :
is your bf doing marijuana? or is it more serious drugs? because marijuana is hardly something to be worried about.

mckittykat55 replied...
Oct. 23, 2010 at 7:48 pm :
marijuana is something to be VERY concrened about, people that start doing marijuana are more likely to begin over drugs and frankly, anyillegal drugs is bad

LovelyDuckling replied...
Dec. 30, 2010 at 2:24 am :
just remember... your not doing your boyfriend any harm by telling him that it is NOT ok.... you'd be doing him a favor, in fact, that would be more love than just sitting back and letting him waist away. lol i sound preachy... forgive me.

pinkjello1994 said...
i TOTALY agree, thankfully I have been so shy that i cant give into peer pressure because I cant stand loosing control and not knowing whats going on but my friends arnt as lucky. I think a program would work ! i totally agree with your ideas!

Miranda W. said...
Wow, this is amanzing, My bestfriend is horrible when it comes to peer presure. She gives in too easy. That's why they always offer her drugs, they think she'll give in, soo they try sometimes it works. its sad to see.

Mystery_Girl said...
Oct. 13, 2009 at 7:55 am:
Good job! It is so true! I get so mad on the days I have to ride the bus and fourth graders swear and talk about how their bf/gf's are comign over and spending the night and how they cannot wait to get home and hang out with their older brother who drinks and does drugs....:( It is so sad!

iloveeepie said...
I thought that was great! Very powerful, and I agree on everything! GREAT JOB!

Schubster said...
Powerful and inspiring.