School | Teen Ink

School

October 8, 2018
By Anonymous

School always has a rough start in one way or another. Spilling coffee on your new sneakers, watching Seniors make fun of freshman just for the thrill of it, forgetting to put that new pack of pencils in your bag, wearing an itchy collared shirt, losing that twenty dollars your mom gave you for lunch, and so much more has went wrong in that first day of freshman school year. The struggle is real when it’s your first time experiencing anything.

As we move along through the years of high school, the work gets harder, grades get more complicated, our bodies wear out from exhaustion, and for some of us Senioritis sets in early. As we meet new people, lose old friends, and come across lengthy experiences that hand us difficult times, we try to focus on the good things in life. Some of us are lucky enough to have supportive teachers who realize that we are struggling. Some teachers provide guidance through personal matters when we need it the most. Then, there are those teachers who realize life will always treat people as a punching bag, and work with us towards success, instead of making life ten times harder and shoving a load of work onto your agenda.

A lot of us tend to have that one friend who stays by our side like a real one through the ups and downs of life. If you’re lucky enough you can have more than one friend who helps you with all different kinds of conflicts. As a Senior writing this, I have come to realize that life and people will let you down at the worst possible times, but as a person you need to focus on yourself and working to a better position in life. Success is the key to college, life, and/or happiness. The memories you make at Seabreeze stay with you forever even if they are the bad memories you wish to forget. Everything you experience makes you who you are. Being a Sandcrab has a certain kind of pride. We may not have the best football team, but going out there with a bunch of friends to support them is what counts. Those memories you make, dressing up in red and painting your body, is what shapes your future.

Being a student has taught me a lot. It has taught me the definition of a real winner, how to be a great Sandcrab, and what truly matters the most.


The author's comments:

problems