The Masterpiece Cakeshop Vs. Colorado Civil Rights Commission | Teen Ink

The Masterpiece Cakeshop Vs. Colorado Civil Rights Commission

December 10, 2017
By Michelle.Rodriguez BRONZE, Wilmington, California
Michelle.Rodriguez BRONZE, Wilmington, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Hi guys!!!! I recently discovered something that I found rather intresting. I would like to tell you about an issue going on with Masterpiece Cakeshop vs. Colorado civil rights commission. I just find it unfair that Jack Philips the owner of the cake shop won't make Dave and Charlie's wedding cake due to religious reasoning. Yeah Yeah some might say it's his bakery and he could deny access to who ever he wants, or it's his religion. I find it disappointing to know people do that. My reason is why open a cake shop if you are going to be denying access to people because of their romantic intrests. Like really come on dude. I really do understand that he loves baking and he wants to share it with people, but why not them? I also understand that a lot of people might say he can't disobey god, but going back to my reason if he knew many people have different religions and love intrests were going to be buying why make a Cake shop? Like really geez. Now now I wasnt saying that he wasnt polite because he did let them have everything else but a wedding cake. I am just trying to say that people start thinking poorly of them.  They make it seem as if they are not wanted, or as if what they are doing is extremley wrong. Guys put yourselves in their shoes do you want to be hated on for being yourself?