Black Lives Matter Movement

I stand for Black Lives Matter, which means I stand for no hate or racism. I have gotten called names because I support the Black Lives Matter movement. I am going to tell you every reason I support Black Lives Matter, I will also be date with ideas people have told me or tried to debate with me.

One thing people have tried to debate with me about is All Lives Matter, which is true but I am not trying to say African-American lives are the only ones that matter. I am trying to say that there are innocent African-Americans getting called names while they are trying to peacefully sit at a restaurant.

According to the FBI statistics, 66.4 percent of the 3,407 reported single-bias hate crimes that were racially motivated in 2013 targeted African-Americans.

They say white people are killed by police more than African-Americans. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population.

Studies show that police are more likely to pull over and frisk blacks or Latinos than whites. In New York City, 80% of the stops made were blacks and Latinos, and 85% of those people were frisked, compared to a mere 8% of white people stopped.

After being arrested, African-Americans are 33% more likely than whites to be detained while facing a felony trial in New York.

In 2010, the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that African Americans receive 10% longer sentences than whites through the federal system for the same crimes.

I stand for Black Lives Matter and I am not ashamed to say so and I have been called names for it. When I see someone's post on Facebook talking about how they hate LGBT people or African-Americans, I don't call them names. I debate with them, I hope no one will call me names or try to put me down for what I believe in. Blessed Be.