MLK Did Not Die for Anything | Teen Ink

MLK Did Not Die for Anything

By fallenskyy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
fallenskyy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
6 articles 1 photo 1 comment

"So early in my life, I had learned that if you want something, you had better make some noise." - Malcolm X

Okay in order to die FOR something, the person has to be AWARE THEY'RE GOING TO DIE. Martin Luther King did not know he was going to die THEREFORE he didn't die FOR anything.

Hearing people say "MLK died for this!" makes my blood boil. Not only are you trivializing his death to fit your own agenda but you're completely missing the fact that he was ASSASSINATED

You can't compare MLK to Joan of Arc because Joan of Arc KNEW she was going to die and came to terms with it in the name of God. MLK was standing on a freaking balcony and got shot by some white supremacist in sitting a bathtub. I've heard people say "MLK died for this" in reference to their interracial relationship.

I cannot.

Yeah...when MLK was fighting for civil rights and freedoms for black people he totally was like "In 2016, I want white girls and black boys to say I was assassinated for their right to date!"  I mean how disrespectful could you possibly be?  He wanted people to remember him for wanting black people to be treated equally, not as a reason being interracial relationships.

C'mon, do better.