Who's Worse Off? | Teen Ink

Who's Worse Off?

February 5, 2016
By Anonymous

I hate that mental disorders have turned into a competition. You can't discuss eating habits without someone saying they survived 3 weeks off of green tea. You can't discuss your depression because other people have already tried to commit suicide 8 times and they're only 12. You can't discuss slef harm because you punch your leg till it turns purple while they slice their arm to the bone. You can't talk about addiction because someone else will talk about faceing their Crack addiction for 18 years. People tell you to reach out and talk. But every god damn time you come close to wanting to do that; you think whats the point? Because in their eyes you will never be sick enough. Theirs always someone worse off. That's the problem with attitudes to mental help. This whole "suck it up your not as bad as me or them. You haven't been what I've been through trust me mines worse."  You have no idea how much a problem effects a person because, it might seem like nothing to you but to them their entire world is breaking down. And they just have to wait and figure it out on their own. Because today no one cares about helping. All they care about is making sure their condition is worse than yours that way their get more attention. When that attention is given to them. Your left alone. With no help. No support because they're worse off. They're imediate. And your not sick enough to be that. To get help. Because your hurt. And your pain. It isn't worth it.