Dark Colors | Teen Ink

Dark Colors

By intoxiicatedsoul SILVER, Paragould, Arkansas
intoxiicatedsoul SILVER, Paragould, Arkansas

"What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person." - Paper Towns, John Green

Bleach, brutality, stereotypes, racism, and showcasing. These are just a few things that seem to have made a huge impact on the African-American community. Women and sometimes men are scrubbing bleach on their skin to rid away with it and sometimes even pay high dollar prices to get the color removed, they want to fit in they don't want to be discriminated against anymore. Little girls and boys are getting bullied by children from different ethnic groups just because they are darker than others. I know when I was a child, kids used to ask my teachers why I was colored or they would simply just made fun of me. I absolutely hated myself for being colored I thought I was dumb and ugly only because that is what the other kids told me. I can't imagine how it is for some kids today. This is a issue and no one seems to be trying to put a stop to it, black lives matter no matter what. We have feelings and a beating heart we are the same as you, we deserve to be equal. Women from differet ethnic groups are paying thousands to get their lip plumped, butts bigger, bigger boobs, tans, and so much more to look like African-American women but yet are still discriminated againest because of the features. Doesn't anyone see the problem here? Why are African-Americans still living like this? We aren't born racist, so why are so many teaching it? 

This is very every African-American out there. You matter, we matter, all black lives matter.

on Oct. 28 2015 at 11:53 am
MidnightDrexm BRONZE, Switzerland, Other

- It's better to fail in originality than to succeed in immitation.

I love the way you write.

Rynn750 SILVER said...
on Oct. 23 2015 at 10:00 pm
Rynn750 SILVER, Somewhere, Wisconsin

"A cynical young person is almost the saddest sight to see, because it means that he or she has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing." - Maya Angelou

This is really well written :-) and I think all the points you make are valid. Maybe it's just where I'm from, or maybe I'm just ignorant, but racism doesn't seem to be too big of an issue to the kids my age. I'd say the vast majority of my classmates don't really care about skin color. However, I believe in most of the world it's not like that, which is really unfair.