Dark Colors | Teen Ink

Dark Colors

September 28, 2015
By intoxiicatedsoul SILVER, Paragould, Arkansas
intoxiicatedsoul SILVER, Paragould, Arkansas
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person." - Paper Towns, John Green


Bleach, brutality, stereotypes, racism, and showcasing. These are just a few things that seem to have made a huge impact on the African-American community. Women and sometimes men are scrubbing bleach on their skin to rid away with it and sometimes even pay high dollar prices to get the color removed, they want to fit in they don't want to be discriminated against anymore. Little girls and boys are getting bullied by children from different ethnic groups just because they are darker than others. I know when I was a child, kids used to ask my teachers why I was colored or they would simply just made fun of me. I absolutely hated myself for being colored I thought I was dumb and ugly only because that is what the other kids told me. I can't imagine how it is for some kids today. This is a issue and no one seems to be trying to put a stop to it, black lives matter no matter what. We have feelings and a beating heart we are the same as you, we deserve to be equal. Women from differet ethnic groups are paying thousands to get their lip plumped, butts bigger, bigger boobs, tans, and so much more to look like African-American women but yet are still discriminated againest because of the features. Doesn't anyone see the problem here? Why are African-Americans still living like this? We aren't born racist, so why are so many teaching it? 


The author's comments:

This is very every African-American out there. You matter, we matter, all black lives matter.