Racism in the World and Baltimore | Teen Ink

Racism in the World and Baltimore

First, when I see stuff on the news it makes me mad because the police are being racist. It makes me mad because of the way the police treat all black people. Second, when the police call black people names, it’s like me calling my sister names except they are way nicer names. The way white people look at black people is like when I look like I have seen a big scary monster.
Third, my mom thinks I should date black people because she dates them. That is not the case though because I don’t date them. I do not have a problem with them I just do not date them. I am tired of people thinking I am fully black because of my dad when I am a mixed kid. I hate when people do not even ask me what race I am they just assume.
Last but not least, we need more black presidents and congressmen on TV. I feel like we do not have enough black leaders in our world. More black people should at least try and do it. I think we need more congressmen and black presidents because I believe that they can make a difference in our world today and maybe even forever. I don’t really see why other races have a problem with black people in our world a long time ago and today. Black people are no different from any other races. We are all humans. I mean yeah they’re skin might be a little bit darker than our skin color is but that does not make them different from anybody else.
As soon as white people see black people they automatically get scared because white people either get scared or they automatically think they are a bad person because of the color of they’re skin. Everyone might have different personalities and everyone might act a different or the same way but we are still ALL human. Nobody deserves to be treated differently. If it was up to me in this world I would change the way all other races act towards black people.
I just want this world to be a happy and better place for everyone. No one should have to live in such a horrible environment. Everybody deserves to be safe and no have to worry about the bad things in life. I know everyone is going to have to get hurt sometime in our world but it should not have to be EVERYDAY. I just wish everybody was treated equally and not different. It makes me mad to see that when I walk on the streets of Junction City Kansas someone is being treated differently. It is time for someone to step up and make a change in this world and stop being negative to different races around the world. It is time to make a change to have everyone be more positive in this world without having to judge one another on the color of they’re skin.

I like to play basketball and I love to hang out with friends.