Freedom Rings Everywhere | Teen Ink

Freedom Rings Everywhere

Imagine being tied up in chains waiting to be sold. Or maybe being even told what job you have to do. In some countries your phone calls are being recorded to make sure you are not against the government. Most of you never will experience this because of freedom. Freedom can be the right to have dessert or human rights. Everyone here in America witnesses freedom everyday even though they might not notice it.  America was founded on the one idea, freedom. Here in America freedom soars through the sky, rushes down rivers, it is being thought of everyday.  Freedom is wore everyday on the faces of the young children running around the schoolyard. Their shouts of laughter is ringing in the ears of the adults smiling down on them as they remember their childhood.         

I used to take everything I can do because of freedom for granted, but that all changed in fourth grade when I wrote an essay about Americas Freedom to read in front of my whole school, my town council and my town mayor.  As I stood in front of the American flag reading my essay I realized that my whole life is changed because of my freedom.  I realized that in other countries people don’t have the freedom to do what I do. Girls can’t go to school and people can’t wear certain clothing. In some countries people can’t talk against the government…phones are bugged to make sure that you do this. People are told what job they have to do.

After this, I am encouraged to make my life a reality for everyone and not a hope or dream.  In Berlin Germany, there is a Freedom Bell given to them by the Americans.  People should be free.  Freedom as one of the reasons was founded.  Some countries do not have freedom.  I’m doing whatever I can do to make this a reality. I believe in Freedom.