Because We're Girls

I walked into my first period classroom and everyone in the class turned and looked at me. All throughout the day “Oh my god, what did you do to your hair?!” was heard from many people.

“Oh, I just cut it,” I’d say. But he said “That’s not just a cut. Now you look like a guy.”
The week before, when I revealed that I was going to get my hair cut, a boy in my art class said “You know, guys won’t want you if you hair’s really short.” So because I’m a girl, with short hair, that means that guys won’t like me? My mom told me that the bible said a woman’s beauty was judged by the length of her hair. I thought that it also said that we’re not supposed to judge others?
Muslim woman aren’t even allowed to show their face, let alone their hair. I thought that your hair wouldn’t really matter if you’re just an average American like me, but I guess people think that the perfect woman should have long hair.
We learned about woman’s rights in history class. To be completely honest, I admire Alice Paul more than I admire Susan B. Anthony. This is because Alice Paul seemed like would go to further measures to get women the right to vote. She even went on a hunger strike and later endured force feedings to accomplish her goal of women’s suffrage.
In my personal opinion, I think that women are completely equal to men in every way. I know boys who get higher grades than me and boys who get lower grades than me. But even though I consider the genders equal, I feel like not everyone does yet. For example, why are there separate women’s and men’s sports teams? Some men still claim that “A woman’s place is in the kitchen” and that’s usually how things are. Women are usually the ones who cook, clean, and watch the children to this day.
Women’s rights have come a long way, but I still don’t think that we as women are completely equal to men.