The Myth of the Modern Black Boy

There have been numerous experiences in my life in which I have been unjustly stereotyped for solely being African American. Well first may be found as a comical reason that is which for some unfathomable reason I must be presumably athletic. Although this may seem a bit peculiar, I actually embrace my stereotype in regards to this. I am very aware of the insane amounts of drudging manual labor my forefathers have gone through over the eras; ranging from slaves, to "house niggers", and janitors. I am willing to break this cycle, and I will indeed be something magnificent. Some of the negative stereotypes I have gone through being black would be: arrogant, lazy, pessimistic, and even inferior. I rebuke these unrighteous accusations solely with my laborious actions in school, extracurricular activities, academic work, and spreading love and words of wisdom not only to people of ethnicity, but to the humanity as a whole. My glorious parents have taught me from an early age to always carry myself in a dignified manner to not only represent them well, but all black boys. Despite the apparent fact that they have always inspired me to do my best, I am very ecstatic that in a diverse melting pot of a world, although there may be stereotypes, I feel like we have progressed and I will always do my very best in which I have to offer.

SuzieQ777This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:02 am
I really love this piece, I'm not a boy. But it still meant a lot to me. Great Job.

Maurice777This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Thank you so much! That is incredibly kind of you. Thank you for the lovely comment. You truly made my week.