Racism: From Another's Eyes | Teen Ink

Racism: From Another's Eyes

By JustALittleBitOfMe BRONZE, Hampshire, Other
JustALittleBitOfMe BRONZE, Hampshire, Other

"Life's a b*tch and so am I"

When you hear the word racism, what do you think of? The typical first thought is of a coloured person being bullied because of their skin.
But thats not always the case. Don't get me wrong, discrimination against someone about their skin colour is wrong and out of order, but there is also some prejudice against white racism.

For example, if a white person swore at a coloured person because of their skin or religon then thats racism, but if a coloured person did the same to a white person then it gets over-looked. Tha in it's own way is racism in itself. People say everyone should be treated with equality but with white racism being skated over daily, they aren't.

For the past two years of my life I have suffered from racism. As a child brought up in Wales, I moved to England and suffered the cruel torments of 'sheep jokes' and people telling me to go and die or throw myself off a cliff . When I complained to the school, they ignored me and ignored the taunting and teasing. Some people may look at this and think 'your welsh, it doesn't count as racism.' Racism is the discrimination of ANYONE who is diffrent from yourself. Wether it is about skin colour, hair colour, religon, sex or nationality it is still racism. And racism is wrong.

So if you thought teasing a white person about where they're from isn't racism, then you're very very wrong. And if you thought because your white you won't suffer at the hands of racism, you might.

Racism is an ever growing issue and as the next generation, we need to tackle it now. We need to stand up and say 'No! Racism is wrong and I am proud of who i am and where I'm from!'

Don't ever feel because you are worthless or it's bad to be diffrent or that the colour of your skin or where your from defines who you are. Only you can define who you are and only you can decide how you feel