Why Racism is a Touchy subject with me? | Teen Ink

Why Racism is a Touchy subject with me?

By DNO414 BRONZE, Maringouin, Louisiana
DNO414 BRONZE, Maringouin, Louisiana

Why is racism a touchy subject with me? There isn’t a reason for racism. As a young adult, I have seen a great amount of racist situations. God made us all the same so why should we treat each other different just because of race. Our communities separate due to racism. Some people have to go threw this racists situation everyday. I remember I had to face this situation everyday when I was in the state of Texas.

It’s not just the white and black people that deal with racism. Hispanics and Asians also face racism. The bad part about racism is each race is labeled. The Hispanics are known for working extremely hard for a small pay. The African Americans are known for going to jail, doing drugs, having single mothers and deadbeat fathers. Asians are known for their education. Caucasians are known for making the money and being at the top level. Everyone has to deal with racism and being labeled almost everyday.

In history class I read about Hitler and his conception on the perfect person. In his eyes, a blonde haired and blue-eyed person was the perfect person. He would kill people just because they didn’t have these qualities. He also killed them because they were Jews, Catholics, and Gypsies. This was a racist act that took place in Germany. Racism doesn’t just take place in the United States.

In the 1900s we begin getting people like Martin Luther King Jr. that fought hard so that we all can be equal. He was tired of the unfair split between African Americans and Caucasians. He marched and fought not only for African Americans but also for all race. When segregation laws were passed everyone thought that was the end to racism. Unfortunately, we sometimes still have to face it.

The average person might still wonder why racism is a touchy subject. It is a touchy subject with me because, I know how the Bible says God created all the same. He took time and created us all uniquely. With our skin tone he just made some of us darker then others. He placed us with a different race for a reason. If we look beyond the race and realize that we all have red blood running through our veins and we breath the same air, we can the see the stupidity of racism. That’s why racism leads to hatred, crime, discrimination, and etc.

I'm a loving and caring person. I do what ever I can to help anyone out. I don't discriminate anyone because I don't want them to do that to me.