Our Country or Their Country? | Teen Ink

Our Country or Their Country?

By WritingIsAPoison SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio
WritingIsAPoison SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio

Guys should be like klennex, soft, strong, and disposable.

What is your stance on the immigration laws passed in states like Arizona. Stating that all immigrants citizens must carry around proof that they're are in fact, legally supposed to be here.
Do you think that this is harsh? Or do you feel that this fair?
My opinion goes both ways on this topic. I'm agaisnt it because, this is supposed to be the land of freedom and opportunity. How can we turn someone away that wants to become a part of this country?
They come here and work hard to make a decent living for their family.
But, the opposition of that is that they are putting people out of work that have been in the USA all their lives. Since most don't have the right to be here they can't apply for a real job. So they work for free sometimes or very little. And a company owner, who wants to cut down on costs, will hire those workers and kick out people who have been there twenty plus years.
And what about Health Care?! Hospitols can't turn around these immigrants if they are in need of medical care. They come here and have babies and when they can't pay for their treatment, the hospitol pays. The hospitol goes down because they're giving out free service!
So, where is your stance on the issue? Leave a comment and tell me what you think.

I took a while to think about this and I am still undecided about this topic.