Body Image and the Media | Teen Ink

Body Image and the Media

March 25, 2010
By Jarlyn BRONZE, Orlando, Florida
Jarlyn BRONZE, Orlando, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

During our lives we enter the phase of wanting to be accepted by others around us .it gets to a point when other people when we resort to the extremities .in some cases it can be handled but others are not that lucky.

When you see people in the magazines or in the television, what comes to mind? Their outfits, how they present themselves, maybe that doesn’t even matter because your focusing on comparing yourself to them when it comes to look s. in reality many of today’s youth are exposed to so such rationalities that it affects their health and mentality in the future, which may even result in suicide .That’s when body image and the media should be the topic of a lesson for a teacher to address the reality or for the media to put a vast variety of cultures etc. in their shows of stars.

Women tend to show excessive skin when wearing clothes that will make them seem sexy .Mainly to attract or please their viewer’s .Just by seeing that it will trigger self consciousness. You’ll want to be thinner so you’ll result to dieting with exaggerations or being bulimic .In males case they care about having the perfect physique toned muscles ,tan skin and rock hard abs, to get this they eat less food with substance and overwork his body. Those that can afford surgery spend thousands and millions of dollars to get that specific Kim Kardashian buttocks ,Pamela Anderson breast, or tom cruise abs with liposuction .In reality being yourself and working with what you got is more than enough to be accepted.

What is the cost this entirely, not just economically but health wise? Many go to the hospital with intense therapy requirement just like a rehab for them to recover once more
liposuction .In reality being yourself and working with what you got is more than enough to be accepted.

What is the cost this entirely, not just economically but health wise? Many go to the hospital with intense therapy requirement just like a rehab for them to recover from the illness and or weak and dangerous health that is at risk. In reality being yourself and working with what you got is more than enough to be accepted. If only we all noticed that many would be proud of what they were gifted with whether it be some baby fat or a certain characteristic, working with what you got will make you feel confident and liked by those whom you’re being surrounded by ,believe me happiness and confidence will come along the way.