Vegatarians

James is a vegetarian. And he is the leader of the vegetarian movement and he has successfully converted America into a vegetarian country. Ten years later we are all gone because of the loss of oxygen and global warming has taken effect and has killed us all. Now how do you feel about vegetarianism? Vegetarians say that meat is murder and that we are killing what God created when they are killing what God has also created, plants. This is especially the wrong time to be a vegetarian when there are global warming issues today.

Vegetarians say that meat is murder when vegetarians are murderers themselves. They are killing plants too. Yeah les’s all the save the cows and chickens when we are all going to die when all of the plants in the world are gone and global warming takes effect or we die from loss of oxygen. How does that sound to you? At least we save the cows right. As long as we are saving the cows and other animals then I’m all for being a vegetarian. Since that is all that matters right, the animals, as long as they are safe then everything is ok. It’s not like God put animals on the earth for us to eat right. He wanted us to eat all the plants and save all animals.

If we do accept vegetarianism as a country the results would be catastrophic. Global warming would eventually take effect because of the loss of plants. And we will be killing our own oxygen supply and will die of loss of oxygen. I can see it now. The newspaper title in China “America’s number of livestock has increased exponentially.” The next day “America is wiped off the face of the earth due to loss of oxygen, but at least they saved an extinct animal for a little while.

Vegetarian’s hearts are in the right place. All they want to do is to make this a better world to live in. People need to eat meat. That is all there is to it though, your whole diet cannot be lettuce and carrots. Your body needs proteins and carbohydrates to function on a daily basis. And if all of America becomes vegetarian, you will see a dramatic decrease in lifespan in America. I am not saying that vegetables are unneeded for good health but it can’t be all you eat.

In conclusion, Vegetarians ‘s say that cow is meat is murder, even though they are killing the plants too. When they kill the plants that is just opening the door for global warming period. But ya’ll are helping the environment so it’s ok. Another characteristic about Vegetarians that they are correct in why they want to be vegetarians but they are wrong in how they go about themselves. Any time there is a Vegetarian at a school they always sit but they because people think that they’re weird and they go around acting like they are so perfect because they are vegetarians. Lastly

Evilcheeze51 said...
I agree that there are a few vegetarians that go crazy trying to forbid everyone in the world from eating meat and they are wrong in doing that. But you can absolutely get protein and proper nutrition from food other than meat. For example, beans, eggs, etc. If everyone were a vegetarian, Yes, global warming would be a problem, but are we right to think about killing and eating plants which will deprive us of oxygen when we are currently cutting down forests and destroying nature that gives us s... (more »)

dintandmint This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 8:42 am:
I am a vegetarian because I can't be involved in the death of sentient beings. It doesn't sit well with me, but I don't think everyone should go vegetarian if they don't want to. It's a personal choice, that is to be taken seriously. However, we would not run out of plants and oxygen if we all went veg-head. The world is beautiful, and I just can't bring myself to being involved in the death of something that can see and feel that too.

Kelz1141This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Plants (to my knowledge) do not feel pain or have feelings, and animals do. Also, I highly doubt that if the entire country became vegeterians we would just run out of plants. Our ecosystem adjusts accordingly to its inhabitants.

livetoserve said...

I am a vegetarian because I don't like the taste of meat and I have not enjoyed it since I was 8.  To be honest, I probably don't get enough protein because I don't eat a lot of beans, nuts, or tofu.  However, that does not mean that just because one does not eat meat does not mean they don't get enough protein.  

also, I know there are ways to argue environmental issues on both sides--my personal opinion, though, is not to stereotype people by what they eat.  I don... (more »)

crawfordkid This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:53 am:
Would we really be losing so much oxygen if we're  planting our own food? What about all the trees cleared for farming? As for "vegetarians are murderers too," I highly disagree, as plants have not been fully scientifically proven to feel pain.  I suggest you do a pinch of research before writing on such a controversial topic.

Mtizzle replied...
Jan. 26, 2012 at 2:05 pm :
What do you think will happen when you have no place to fram your plants you have to cut down trees Meat consumption is not the problem its overcrowding of the planet

Rosina This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This article is completely inaccurate. We already go through insane amounts of plant matter to feed livestock, and have we been wiped off the planet because of lack of oxygen? NO! Also, you're sadly misinformed about what vegetarians eat. My entire diet is not lettuce and carrots. On the contrary, my diet is more balanced than many of my carnivorous friends.

SlowNimes7 replied...
Jan. 23 at 1:51 am :
You sound rude

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 31, 2010 at 3:54 pm:

Thank you so much! I'm not insulted in the least, despite the fact that I am a vegetarian. DISCLAIMER: I am not a member of PETA, I am not insane, and I have not killed anyone in my thirteen years. 

However, everyone hates me anyway, so I'm not surprised that you do. Go on: flame me. Just one last thing before you do: I'm not a vegetarian to "save the animals", I just think meat tastes disgusting. Go on, go on, flame away.

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 31, 2010 at 3:57 pm :

This is not to say that I am not willing to appreciate your opinion. In fact, I agree with you. People who are vegetarians to "save the animals" are nice, but it doesn't really help. And I don't think I'm so perfect. I just don't like meat. However, if I dare utter the words, "I am a vegetarian," it's all, "You know, you're killing plants too!" as if I haven't heard that a thousand times already, and "PETA will never rule," like I'm a member of PETA.

Great article too.

Bella-Faye said...
Feb. 28, 2010 at 12:22 am:
I have to say that I have never heard an argument like this. Rather then just saying 'meat is good, so I eat it' you backed it up with things that you believe in and find to be true. I am a vegetarian, but we all have our opinions about htings :) I thought it was interesting to hear the other side of the story, you don't seem to hear things in this perspective, very often. I have to say, though i may not agree with everything that was said, I think this was a good article! You hav... (more »)

guinea_pig_girl said...
Feb. 7, 2010 at 11:22 am:
Uhh... well constructed article, but almost nothing in it is true. Livestock contributes to global warming, but the livestock would not be raised in the first place if no one ate it. Plus, plants don't have feelings. Animals do. It's therefore much worse to 'murder' a plant than an animal. Finally, did you know that vegetarians, on average, live seven years longer? You must know some pretty bad vegetarians- not all of them think they're 'better' than every... (more »)

dragonbiscuits This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
...lack of plant life? We are not going to go around eating pine and maple trees! The farmland around today would be used, and there would not be an overrun of livestock-they are bred as often as possible to create cows for meat, so without the need for meat, it would go down because there would be no "forcing" reproduction.

Sunshineyday said...
I do not think your argument is accurrate. The catastophe you described does not seem scientifically accurate. in fact,it's almost laughable. there are non-meat alternatives to protien, so you can survive without meat. And we don't need to convine vegetarians to eat meat, just like they don't need to convince us not to eat meat.

Hanna C. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ben Young, I find it ironic that you say I don't know what I don't see any solid facts backing up this argument. I respect your right to your opinion, I just think you should be aware of what you're saying.
JWATT, of course your lifespan will decrease if you eat only lettuce and carrots. That's why there are beans, nuts, and a wide variety of soy products for protien. A lot of vegetarians also eat eggs and/or dairy. As for carbohydrates, we get PLENTY of those :) (bre... (more »)

toxic.monkey said...
Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:52 am:
i'm not a vegetarian but i think what you're saying is ridiculous. come on, a business of meat and of vegetables depends on demand- more veggies grown if more are in demand, more cattle purchased and butchered if in demand. it's not like greengrocers go around forests looking for cabbage and carrots. these veggies are grown to be eaten and they are in fact increasing in number if vegetarians increase in number and there is more oxygen on the planet. in addition, it might be better... (more »)

HANNA LIKES MEAT said...
Nov. 19, 2009 at 10:49 am:
HANNA LIKES MEAT BECAUSE I LIKE MEAT AND MEAT ITS MEAT AND MY LEFT BROTHER LIKES MEAT AND SO DOES MY RIGHT STEP FATHER AND HIS MOTHER-IN-LAW LOVES MEAT SO MEAT IS TO BE LIKED BY PEOPLE BECAUSE MY STEP COUSIN-IN-LAW LOVES MEAT BECAUSE ITS MEAT AND MEAT LOVES MY OTHER LEFT SISTER AND MEAT IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PROCESS OF MEAT SO MEAT IS GOOD FOR YOU TO EAT AND SO DOES IT LIKE TO RUN AND MEAT TYLER LOVES TO RUN AND RUNNING IS GOING TO HAPPEN LIKE MEAT IS GOING TO BE EATEN AND JAMES LOVES MY MOM W... (more »)

Doright40 said...
Nov. 19, 2009 at 10:46 am:
JWATT? what does that mean honestly it should not be that, I think your writing is great and you show great points. You people commented are ridiculous we all have our own opions no children

HANNA LIKES MEAT said...
Nov. 19, 2009 at 10:41 am:
YOU LIKE MEAT AND I LIKE MEAT AND MEAT IS GOOD AND I LOVE MEAT AND YOU LOVE MEAT AND MY LEFT BROTHER LOVES MEAT BECAUSE MEAT IS MEAT AND MY RIGHT BROTHER LOVES MEAT BECAUSE THE CENTER OF THE PROCESS IS MEAT AND THE MEAT IS AWESOME BECAUSE MY OTHER FATHER LOVES MEAT AND HIS STEP COUSIN LIKES MEAT SO MEAT IS TO BE LIKED BY PEOPLE AND VEGIES ARE NASTY SAYS MY STEP SISTERS STEP MOM

athens said...
Nov. 19, 2009 at 10:37 am:
BEAUTIFUL!