Why do people think Reagan was the best president? | Teen Ink

Why do people think Reagan was the best president?

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Ronald Reagan was the 40th president of the United States of America and a Republican conservative. Reagan is credited with ending the Cold War, but this just not the case. Although the Cold War ended while Reagan was president, Reagan did not end the war. The USSR was going to run out of money either way and even if there was not a president, the war was going to end. 

Not to mention the fact that Reagan put this country into a load of debt. Reagan added a 186 trillion dollar debt increase and a 186 percent increase. That's a ton of money that is thanks to Reagan's incompetence when it came to taxing. 

During the first year of his presidency, Reagan lowered taxes but because of all of his spending, Ronald soon learned that he needed to increase taxes by a wide margin. The next seven years of his presidency, he increased taxes, especially on the lower and middle classes. 

Reagan is also responsible for the 1987 market crash, which was because of his poor understanding of economics and misunderstanding of how our taxes work. 

Some of the problems that the US has today economically are because of Reagan's presidency. Reagan was a controversial president at worst, a corrupt one too, most of the people in his government had scandals and so did Reagan, and were still facing some of the problems that he brought upon us. It's insane when people think about it, so why do some conservatives have him only second to Jesus Christ?

Why do some people say Reagan was the best president?