iPod Addictions

There are some people who just like to listen to music! I don’t blame them, I like music too. Sometimes enough is enough, some people need to learn how to turn their iPod’s off. I think people should only listen to them on the bus and home but not in class.
That is the issue with the Apple’s iPod, people get addicted to them.
Every day I hear kids ask, “Can we listen to our iPods?”
The teacher normally says, “NO!”
The kid says, “But why…”
The teacher says, “Because,” all paranoid.
I do agree with the teacher and they have a right to get paranoid, especially when a kid complains. I even see some kids sneak in their iPod and put their headphone under their hair, and that is very rude and irresponsible because they’re not learning anything by listening to Hannah Montana. Kids these days are just spoiled, and get it their way all the time, especially the popular kids, and that really irritates me and it’s not fair either. But, guess what, LIFE’S NOT FAIR!

ConstanceContraireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:21 pm:
The teacher shouldn't be paranoid! The student is there to learn not listen to music!

nevergiveuponlove said...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 1:42 pm:
To me this article sounds like a tantrum. It doesn't have any structure or intellectual thinking that shows itself. Work on that and you might have a good article. (:

adriannahrtsmw32 replied...
Aug. 11, 2010 at 8:34 pm :
I have to say I agree with this comment, @nevergiveuponlove, because you don't really give enough reasoning behind why you think iPods shouldn't be alowd in the classroom. Personally, I'm actually in favor for having iPods used during tests and other activities, but I can see where you're coming from. However, some of the things you said could be controversial. Like how kids these days are spoiled. You might want to phrase that a little differently because what about the kids in Haiti after the ... (more »)

CyberLydii replied...
Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:59 am :
I agree with you!

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 22, 2010 at 11:47 am:

Umm..I think I see your point.

But this piece is rather unorganized and lacking structure. It's not really appealing...but it has a strong message. Keep writing.

Sunshineyday said...
I like listening to my mp3 player so i don't have to hear all the other kids talking, and music often helps me do my work. I think it's okay while doing busy work or after your work is done. some kids go crazy with them too. if the teacher is talking you shouldn't be wearing headphones.