Drones: Safety for America | Teen Ink

Drones: Safety for America

January 16, 2017
By rjm22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
rjm22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Drones are used in many ways that can help, but sometimes things can go wrong.  Some might say that the military and many companies are using drones to help keep citizens safe all the time.  Others might say that drones could kill people and make it easier for people to watch things that are private, when people least expect it.  This paper will argue that drones should be used by everyday people to keep our families safe.

The first reason people should use drones to keep citizens safe is because they can help in many ways.  As Levins from bloomberg said “Drones patrol the skies of Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Yemen blasting missiles at terrorists” and this shows they are keeping everyone safe, since those terrorists could hurt us if they are able to make a plan.  The drones can be used to stop these terrorist and control many other things.  Safety is just one reason why people should be able to use drones.

Another reason why people should use drones to keep people safe is because it will help us see things we might not know about.  For example, as Levins from bloomberg also said “These include spotting forest fires, monitoring criminals, and maybe even pizza delivery,” and this shows how it could save lives if someone sees these things on a drone, when we could not see them.  So, drones are used in many ways that could save lives, and that is one of the most important reasons.

The final reason why people should use drones is because people can see at amazing views with a camera.  For example as Magg with The Record said “You can fly and see with first person video”. This is another reason that shows that drones will help keep us safe because with the first person view along with amazing video quality we can see everything that is going on.  So, we will know if something is going to happen.  This is a great reason to use drones and keep people safe.  

The other side might say drones are dangerous and just should not be used.  An example of this is as said by Magg With The Record “If a drone runs out of battery, it can fall out of the sky like a stone,” and this shows how drones are dangerous and should not be used because it could fall right onto someone's head and cause really bad injuries.   Also another example of this is as Levins from Bloomberg said “Drones have also been discovered on the white house lawn,” and this shows how drones are dangerous and should not be used because they are possibly using the drones that were found on the lawn to spy on others and they might not even know about it.

In conclusion drones should be used by everyone to keep them and their family safe.  Even though some people might say drones are dangerous, there is a good reason for them.  This could be a big deal because drones could save lives.  So if people use drones they will be safe and many things can be saved by drones.  So if more people get drones everyone will be safer.