To Whom it May Pertain To | Teen Ink

To Whom it May Pertain To

November 30, 2016
By KSwriter BRONZE, Milford, Ohio
KSwriter BRONZE, Milford, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

To Whom it May Pertain to,

With my right as a United States citizen, I have to decided to come to you with concerns and suggestions amongst my earnest of considerations. First off, I would like to express my freedom of speech on the recent Commitment 2016 election. I could choose some words of the most disgrace for the result of an election so many months in the making, but I refuse to subject my morality as a person, in the presence of you, whom I have the utmost respect for. However, I may say that Donald J. Trump is not the most befitting choice.


 I understand that this is not of your control seeing as though our government is a democracy; although, I think that there should have been more qualifications and restrictions to run for president. These should be more standards other than being thirty-five years of age, being a natural born citizen, or at least fourteen years a resident within the United States. The title “President of the United States” comes with great responsibility, commitment, well-temperament, rationality, and more. There are approximately three hundred and twenty-five million people counting on that individual for leadership and guidance in their country. Tell me, what experience does Mr. Trump obtain? He does not have the slightest notion on how to start building this country toward betterment. Although, America is already great and it has been for decades, like any other country, we have our issues that include quandary in which requires someone who is properly decisive. I also think that there should be an age limit for which the best judgement and stamina for the position can be sufficiently reached and not put at risk.


In my opinion, Donald Trump is not the right representative for our country. We are not racist, sexist, or derogatory. America has been the land of liberty since July 4, 1776 and has been the saving grace for people of foreign nations in need.


We don’t call women “slobs” or “pigs”, say there was blood coming out of their “wherever” or comment that they had a “fat, ugly face” or were “hard to be a ten” because of being flat chested. We do not see women as a walking body, messes, or of any lesser value than men. We do not subject an entire race to the title “rapist” and “criminal”.


We, we, we. “We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility.” Our nation will be far from tranquil under the presidency of Trump: a person who is hot-headed, disrespectful, arrogant, and clueless about policy, especially someone who would “bomb the s**t out of ‘em” or someone who says “I love war”. To my deepest and sorrowful of fears is that this country of peace and liberty will turn into a battleground of terror, danger, and chaos.


This country needs a figure who has compassion and consideration for all walks of life no matter their race, religion, gender, etc., not someone who mocks a handicapped individual or wants to rid people who need the Affordable Care Act of it. In addition, on behalf of the young women in this nation, having a president that can easily be thought of as a predator should not be a problem they should bear on their shoulders. With thirteen women coming forward with relatively similar accusations of assault and/or violation of privacy such as the pronounced incident of Donald walking in on nude and/or dressing ladies at the time of his beauty pageant, our society has something to worry about. Citizens of a country should not live with a burden, fear, or discomfort that they could be targeted and such a person could be rewarded with power nonetheless.


Next, the electoral college should not be in use any longer. If the government of this lovely nation is indeed “for the people, by the people”, then why shouldn’t every single voting citizen’s voice be considered? Why isn’t every last voting ballot counted and given to the respective candidate? Appointing a certain number of electoral votes to a state and attributing them to one candidate if they won the state overall is not considering everyone’s vote. Some may have voted for the opposing individual and their vote should be counted as well.


After all, whichever candidate to be voted for predominantly is justified in becoming president. Therefore, using the popular vote should be the only method of our democracy. Even Donald Trump stated via Twitter, “The Electoral College is a disaster for a democracy” on November 6th, 2012. Of course, to this day he will attempt to deny this claim, seeing as though he owes his position to the electoral college and for the fact that his business career has taught him to be a swindler and a hypocrite.


The matter of fact is that the electoral college method of democracy is far too complex, with far greater loopholes of disrupting the outcome for president, such as the “faithless elector” or in states like Michigan or Minnesota where original votes can be changed. Also, the only major punishment for an elector is paying a fine, despite there not being any existing laws prohibiting them in the majority of states. This establishment is defective to the purpose of our country and to the citizens themselves. We need a change that can sustain the due means of every American’s voice with the same value and security to prevent any possible cause of injustice or disruption.


In conclusion, I appreciate the time that was taken by my readers no matter the level of insured alterations this may bring. May the citizens of the United States of America, exhibiting such despair and dissatisfaction with the democratic system of their nation and overall result, be heard by their rights out of disclaim for a man of detrimental action, who has a hateful heart, forked tongue and improper mind. God Bless. 


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece to have my voice and opinions heard, as well as to encourage others to use their rights to have theirs heard as well.