America? You Awake? | Teen Ink

America? You Awake?

By billiamthegoon SILVER, Hemet, California
billiamthegoon SILVER, Hemet, California

"If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." -Barack Obama

To preface this, I respect the views of both Republicans and Democrats alike. I do not, however, respect the views of our President-elect Donald Trump.

The results of the 2016 US presidential election left me disgusted. Donald Trump shocked the world with his unexpected victory, comin in with 306 electoral votes to Hillary Clinton's 232. I'm very bothered by the fact that half of the United States supported a man who mocked a disabled reporter, talks down on women, disrespected war heroes and their families, generalizes illegal immigrants as drug dealers and criminals, etc. Yeah, I said etc. That's not even all of his madness. Now, I can somewhat tolerate those that voted Trump with things like his economic plans and don't excuse his disparaging remarks. However, that is seldom the case. Most defend Trump with whatever they have. Well, news flash!

Yes, Donald Trump is racist. He refused to believe that President Barack Obama was born in the United States, beholding the lie even after his Hawaii birth certificate was presented. Why didn't he believe he was born here? There is one simple answer-the color of his skin. There is literally no other explanation. He was also sued by the Justice Department in 1973, for not renting apartments to African Americans. Is Trump still not racist?

Yes, Donald Trump is a fraud. He set up a fake university to scam students. That ended up going to court, and he settled the case for $25M. Also, where the heck were his tax returns this whole time!? Well, we already know he hasn't paid taxes for years... So much for being for the people.  I guess you could say he was a fraudulent candidate too, considering he's already backing out of campaign promises. He has come out and said he will not be going after an indictment for Hillary Clinton, he has said he could settle for a fence across the Southern border after claiming it had to be a wall and fences weren't enough, and he said he may not want to completely get rid of Obama Care. Congrats Trumpkins, you got played.

NO. Trump is NOT for the military. He scrapped the title of war hero from John McCain because he was captured. He attacked the Khan family, whose son was definitely a war hero. He saved his unit from two suicide bombers in Iraq, dying in the process. Not to mention that Donald Trump said that he loves war, and can't fathom why we can't use nuclear weapons if we have them at our disposal. Do you really want him to hold the position as Commander in Chief, with our entire beloved military at his order?

Donald Trump is unfit to be the President of The United States. He has shown his incompetence to take the job. He simply doesn't have the temperament, constantly going off on Twitter rants, dissing our military... For God's sake... He wants to ban an ENTIRE RELIGION FROM THE UNITED STATES. I hope you're satisified Trumpkins. You may have won on November 8th, but we will ALL be granted a big, fat, shiny L in the years to come.

on Feb. 10 2017 at 3:57 am
EricktheLlama SILVER, Hemet, California
The truth of Donald dons't lie in a farm but is found in the impeached section