Rand Paul for President | Teen Ink

Rand Paul for President

By Liam_Payne_Lover GOLD, Mission Viejo, California
Liam_Payne_Lover GOLD, Mission Viejo, California

"Love is a really scary thing, and you never know what's going to happen. It's one of the most beautiful things in life, but it's one of the most terrifying. It's worth the fear because you have more knowledge, experience, you learn from people, and you have memories. - Ariana Grande"

Have you've ever wondered about the Presidential Election this year? Well, if you have I'm sure you've heard of Donald Trump, but he is obviously not the right choice! He has no political experience, he's all talk! Everytime he says he wants to "create a law", when asked during an interview during this law, he has no clue about what he wants to do with it, all he knows is that he wants jail time, he's not sure how long though. He's rich because he owns casinos, that's it, he also wants to start a war, sounds pretty stupid now to vote for him, am I right? But if I have changed your opinion, who should you vote for? Rand Paul! He's been in Kentucky's Senate since 2010. Rand's father, Ron Paul was also senator. At first Rand didn't want to become senator, he never saw being a politician as the right fit, although he did always go to political events when he was younger with his father.  He decided to run for Kentucky Senator after he realized that everytime he would watch anything on TV that had to do with politics, he would yell at the TV, all of these men's views were the same! He decided to not wait for the right person to be elected in government, he decided to run himself, and he won! But before becoming Kentucky Senator, he was an eye doctor, he often does surgeries and eye exams for free, and still does eye care in any free time he has, once during a commercial break during a debate, one lady was too poor to get help from an eye doctor and she asked him for help, he went up to her and looked at her eyes right there and told her what she could do to get better! Rand Rand is a libertarian, so he believes that the government should use it's checks and balances like it once did, he basically wants ?more power to the people, and ?less to the government. And why wouldn't he? If you read his book, Government Bullies : How Everyday Americans are Being Harassed, Abused, and Imprisoned by the Feds, you learn about little things done in the government that they try to hide, the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) is here to protect the environment, but how about that time when they called one man's land a 'wetland' so he must move off it right away, after all, they have this unknown law that if you have birds that fly across your land, you have a 'wetland', and you can't do anything with ‘wetland’ that involves planting. How about that other time when a man was bulldozing his land to start new, he decided to move one area of dirt to another side, the EPA came banging at his door the next day, and now he's in prison! You soon start to learn that the EPA could care less about the environment, it cares about what ?you do. If you do choose to read the book, you'll find out that is is like a horror novel, how could the government be so bad? Rand decided that is it due to the fact that they have just gained too much power. During debates, Paul is known as the one who never lashed out at the others and always kept his calm, he is known as the only one who has differentiating views than the others. He's not like a blind sheep. His views consist of keeping the Second Amendment, having term limits for all positions in the government, doing away with Martial Law (a list of laws that must be followed if we were ever to go to war) and the Patriot Act (which spies on and kills innocent Americans), make the government actually read the laws they pass, get rid of the IRS, and more. Plus, he is known as the only candidate that had a tax code that makes sense and could actually work, saving us Americans half a trillion dollars! Due to another person running for Kentucky senator, Rand had to back out of the presidential race so he wouldn't lose his position in the senate. But that is not to say you can't vote for Rand. You can still write his name in, a lot of people have decided to make that choice, now it's your turn. Rand has said, when he started his presidential campaign, that he had come to take our government back, we should let him make that promise to us all, vote Rand Paul for President, we will be looking at a brighter future. 

I was insipired to write this due to the fact the Rand Paul was neverly widely talked about anywhere in the media. He deserved more recognation, and I hope my article helps the reader learn more about Rand and hopefully vote for Rand!