Who Should Be the Next President of the United States? | Teen Ink

Who Should Be the Next President of the United States?

By tczerwinski BRONZE, Suffern, New York
tczerwinski BRONZE, Suffern, New York

And then there were three. A famous Genesis album turned to describe the 2016 presidential race. In lieu of Donald Trump’s victory in Indiana, Ted Cruz, 45, dropped out of the Republican presidential race. The following day, John Kasich, 63, dropped out of the race also, leaving Trump as the Republican nominee. No push for Mitt Romney to come back. On the Democratic side, Hillary Rodham Clinton, former US Secretary of State, is on the brink of winning the nomination while Bernie Sanders, Vermont senator, is holding on by the tip of his tongue. Three major topics coming into this year’s election are health care reform, immigration, and second amendment rights. Now the big question, “Who should be the next President of the United States?”

The push for Donald Trump is excessive based of his non-political background. While he can act like a moron in a press-conference or say something that is complete b.s., he has pulled supporters at rapid and historic pace. His campaign is primarily based off of the ISIS attacks and stopping illegal immigration. While Trump is heavily criticized for being a non-politician by some, he is right with most of the things he says. Starting with immigration reform, Trump plans to build a massive wall at the border of Mexico and Texas. His plan is to have Mexico pay for the wall that will be very costly. The border is 1,254 miles long. If Mexico doesn’t comply to what Trump asks for, then he will raise the price of visas, take away visas, and cut off trade with Mexico.

Another Trump policy is a push for more Second Amendment Rights, which are gun rights. One problem with this is that mental health is getting worse and not getting fixed. The government believes now that the problem is these mental health patients. If this problem is fixed, then there will be more gun rights. Also, background checks would be in place is someone had a gun. Permits would also be required like a driver’s license, where when it expires, you get a new one.

Finally, Trump wants to reform the Affordable Heathcare Act enforced by the Obama administration. By repealing this act, new healthcare will be created by the federal government that would be enforced more by the state governments. Benefits would be more limited, but that would also be controlled by the states. Trump’s plan is actually having the states run most of the  healthcare system, but with federal interjections.
On the Democratic side of the race, Hillary Clinton is about clinch the nomination. Her policies aren’t as strong as Trump’s considering she would only be extending the failure of Obama’s administration, which she was part of as the Secretary of State. Hillary doesn’t want to build a wall. Hillary wants to get everyone in the country legally and if they come in illegally, she wants to naturalize them to make them legal United States citizens.

Another policy that Clinton supports is the Affordable Healthcare Act, implemented by the Obama administration. After reading what she wants to do with healthcare, it mainly focuses on the rural areas of the country and women. What about the middle class and lower classes in the suburbs of major cities. This is even weird coming from her because she lives right outside of New York City. Oh, wait, let me remind you she is rich, so she doesn’t care, a problem even with Trump.

Finally, Hillary wants to prevent the general population of obtaining firearms, something that would be changed under a Trump administration. While the general public is not in a state of disabled mentally, people should be able to use guns if attacked. People rob, assault, and invaded people’s privacy and their personal life, which should be protected. Crime rate has gone down, but that should stop with firearms being used for protection. Hillary wants to take away guns from people who may need protection, not to protect them. If terrorist groups like ISIS terrorize your town, would you want to be able to protect yourself?

If this country allows Hillary to continue what Obama started, we will fail. Hillary’s policies aren’t even subpar. We need Trump to be the next president of the United States of America. That shouldn’t even be a discussion on Election Day. On January 27, 2017, Donald Trump will stand on Capitol Hill being sworn in as the 45th president of the United States Of America.

This presidency is crucial for the future of this country. Who Should Be The Next President of the Untied States?