Real Heroes | Teen Ink

Real Heroes

By m-ashreader GOLD, Homercity, Pennsylvania
m-ashreader GOLD, Homercity, Pennsylvania

"You never know until you try!" -author unknown

What comes to your mind when you think of the word hero?  Superman, your favorite singer or actress?  We all have our own definition of heroes but are any of them truly right?  My definition of is not a famous person or a fictional character.  My definitions of heroes are men and women who wear cameo and carry guns.  These men and women have taken an oath to protect our country.  Many have given the ultimate sacrifice, their lives.  They walk  away from their families knowing they may never see them again.  They leave behind everything familiar to go to foreign lands.  No, they don’t wear capes or have 300 million fans on twitter.  They do something much more important.  With strength and courage they fight for our country. 

Why do they do it?  It’s not like they’re paid millions to do it.  They don’t walk the red carpet or get featured in magazines.  It’s because of their overwhelming love of their country.  We can’t even begin to imagine the sacrifices they make daily for our freedom. 

Brave men and women over many years have fought for their country.  If it weren’t for them you wouldn’t be sitting where you are right now.   As a nation we should thank them with all of our hearts.  We should stand behind them and support them.  They deserve our uttermost respect.

on Aug. 21 2017 at 4:02 am
I love this eassy ❤❤❤

on Aug. 21 2017 at 4:02 am
I love this eassy ❤❤❤

on Aug. 21 2017 at 4:02 am
I love this eassy ❤❤❤