Trump: America's Savior or Megalomaniac? | Teen Ink

Trump: America's Savior or Megalomaniac?

September 19, 2015
By JetSchwartz BRONZE, Unkown, Pennsylvania
JetSchwartz BRONZE, Unkown, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 5 comments

"Make America Great Again" reads the front page of Donald Trump's election site. In the background, Trump makes the peace sign in an almost Nixonesque fashion. Will Trump "Make America Great Again" or is he the beginning of a downward spiral for America?


If you've ever watched a speech given by Donald Trump, then you know that it has a very "unique" feel to it. It’s almost as if he just thinks them up on the spot. He also tends to talk about himself.
    

"I'm, like, a really smart person," said Trump at one of his speeches.


That's partially what people love about him. He speaks to people's gut reactions toward problems. Immigrants are flowing over are border just like it was during the late 19th century. Many people's gut reactions are "Send them all back!" or "They’re going to take all our jobs."  An Islamic terrorist group is threatening the Western world. Trump supporters might say "bomb them!" or "kill all the Muslims." Now, you might be thinking, Trump supporters aren't Donald Trump! Yes, they aren't, but he is marketing to those beliefs. Leaders of white supremacist groups have endorsed Donald Trump, and just recently Trump was posed with a question about getting rid of the Muslims in America. He somewhat side stepped it, but made it sound like plans were in the works. During a speech in Phoenix, Arizona back in July, Trump told a story about how his friend—the CEO of Macys—called because he was worried about Hispanics boycotting Macys. Trump told him to "be tough, they'll be gone, one day." What did he mean by “they’ll be gone, one day”? 
What are Donald Trump’s plans for America? According to his official webpage, Trump wants to send 11 million immigrants back to their original countries and build a wall between Mexico and the United States (which would be about 2,000 miles long). He wants to make concealed carry—in which a person (with a permit) can carry, a hidden firearm anywhere—legal in all 50 states. Great, if Trump gets elected, going out in public will be ten times more fun!


Some might argue for Trump, saying that the media has painted him as the bad guy, and that he's the “truth”. Yet that’s not quite so. Let me ask you this, how is Trump supposed to send 11 million people back without making mistakes? What's preventing a few legal Hispanic immigrants from being swept up in the process? Let alone, how is he going to find these “illegals”? America was built on immigrants, most of which were probably "illegal." Yet the Irish, Polish, Italians, and Germans that came to America during the 1800s weren't deported, so why should all these illegals from Mexico, Honduras, and other Central and South American countries be deported?


Trump claims he wants to spend less money and get us out of debt, yet he wants to put a ton of money into the military. He claims he is running to benefit all of America, yet he doesn’t even flinch at a question about getting rid of Muslims and has been quoted saying Mexican immigrants are “rapists.” He wants to do away with the Affordable Care Act which has gotten roughly 10 million Americans health insurance. So is Trump Americas “savior” or some egotistical maniac? I’ve made my point, now you decide.