The Passing of a Great Legend | Teen Ink

The Passing of a Great Legend

By deepthi SILVER, Karur, Other
deepthi SILVER, Karur, Other

Today is a black day in the history of India.The entire nation is submerged in sadness and tears.Because we have lost the greatest legand of our country DR APJ ABDUL KALAM OUR FORMER PRESIDENT.He is not only noted as the president but he has many identities and he was a great scientist,writer,lover of students and so on.He served as the honourable president of India from 2002-2007.And when he was in power he said that after my service as a president i will become a teacher and work for the welfare of the student-the future pillars of our nation.On the very next day when he resigned from the post of a president he took his job as a professor in anna university.one day he asked to a child what is your desire?The child immediately replied that she wanted to live in a developed country.And that words affectedhim a lot and that incident made himto write the book"MISSION 2020".He believed that only students from the age group of 10-18 yrs can change the nation and thats why he asks them to dream always.Dream is not something that comes during sleep but that doesnt let you sleep.He strongly believed that India will become a developed nation within 2020.He used to go to many schools and colleges across India and gives lecture to them.His contribution to science and technology is also valuable.He served as the project director of SLV.Though he is from a very poor family background with his persistant hardwork and determination he became the president of India and the most lovable and respectable personality.One day he said I should die when I am with students and his desire came true.He died when he was giving lecture to the students of IIM-SHILLONG at the age of 83. Even though he was parted from us his words,books and memories will remain everlasting with us .And surely we the youngsters will make his dreams come true.