Pluto | Teen Ink

Pluto

July 16, 2015
By zackberb BRONZE, Hilmar, CA, California
zackberb BRONZE, Hilmar, CA, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Is the New Horizon all that great for us? I dont think so and i'm gonna give you a couple of reasons why this mission to pluto was a terrible idea for National Aeronautics and Space Administration . It was a waste of time and money for us.


While everybody thinks this is a great thing, i on the other hand do not think it was at all worth it. NASA has spent over tones of time on this. Why should anyone care on weather it is a planet or not. We shouldn't have sent a drone to pluto to pluto, it was pointless to do all of that to see a planet that NASA doesn't even consider a planet anymore. NASA has wasted nine and half years to wait to see a couple of pictures of pluto that they say isnt a planet. Why waste so much time on one planet that is so far away and that people don't consider a planet anyways.


  Scientist who are smart enough to know about what it is and that have determined it wasn't a planet, shouldn't have wasted the 9 and half years waiting on it to pass pluto. This new horizon thing, should've never had happened in the first place. They should have thought the process out on how long it would take for the new horizon to happen. While they were doing that they could of been working on something that will help us, the people out.
What about all the money put into this new mission? They have wasted over 700 million dollars on this mission. Most people don't consider that, they just think the money came from nowhere. If you were to ask people if NASA should fund this mission. Most people would say no if they knew that 700 million dollars would go into having this new horizon mission launched into space. I know if i could of had a word with these people i would tell them that our peoples hard working money shouldn't go into figuring out how our solar system works. Most people would say a solar system is pointless to them to know about. What would the solar system have to do with there job that is working in a coffee shop, a restaurant, and etc. I know if i worked at a place that did not evolve around science or any kind of technology i wouldn't want NASA to waste 700 million dollars to see what pluto is and how our solar system works.


According my english teacher she overheard a couple people saying that they should have spent some of the money on the homeless people. They were saying that they thought they should be helping the homeless. People who are in pain, whether it's in the U.S or not, that money could of went to help the people. Could of helped cities that had big fires or major earthquakes and tornados.


So my question, is the new horizon mission all that great for us? Most people would disagree with what NASA has done. Most families that have lost homes through earthquakes or tornados wouldn't agree with what NASA has done and all the money they have spent. NASA is a joke, and has wasted time and money on the New Horizons mission. Now I know i don't support NASA, but do you?
 


The author's comments:

piece is about pluto