ISIS. Time to rise against | Teen Ink

ISIS. Time to rise against

Friends, my fellow americans. We all are very aware of the threat lingering in the middle east, the islamic radical group known as ISIS. These “people” have gone and done so much wrong in the span of a few months and are still continuing with their streak of crimes and atrocities. I write here today, not as a student of East High School. I write here in an attempt to rally up the seniors, the juniors. the sophomores, the freshman and staff together against them.

I am very aware how many of the student and staff here have family members in the military and have lost their lives defending our rights to call ourselves americans with rights. however i am also all too aware of how many crimes against humanity ISIS has conducted. They have murdered many people in cold blood, slaughtered even. Beheading anyone they please, videotaping it and showing it to us just to spite us. ISIS hates us because we don’t believe in Allah, because we have rights, women have rights, black men have rights, everyone that isn’t islamic have rights. These are things they don't want us having and want to take from us through their propaganda. I am aware that you want your mothers and fathers back that are overseas, your brothers and sisters, your aunts and uncles. But in order to stop them, we need more than random airstrikes on them, we need boots on the ground and guns in our hands because if we don't, they will come here and try to kill us directly.

Even if we here stateside can't do anything directly to ISIS, then we can at least take a stand against them. when you’re voting for a senator or a president, pick the one who will take a clear stand against ISIS. If we don’t we’re letting the terrorists win, i know that sounds like something a certain president we have had in the past said, but in the end, the longer ISIS is allowed to terrorize the middle east and continue to threaten the united states, the more power they gain. Even here in the US, they are growing in power. ISIS has many recruiters here in the US, many of which have been caught and prosecuted by law enforcement. however, despite how many of them who have been jailed, many remain looking to lure people into their radical group. If we don't act quickly, soon they may even start to have politicians, those who run our country, in office. We all know what would happen if they do that. Even for the non americans, you too are at risk. ISIS has attacked many places other than the US and has threatened them as well. England, France, Germany. these are only to name a few of the targets of ISIS.

We, as americans, should not stand by and let these people do this, we need to stand up and say something about this. We need the help of all american citizen to stop ISIS, to win this fight. When it comes time to stop the terrorist threats, we need to do what we need to do. Even if you can’t join the military and fight them yourself, you can do things here in the US. In the end, you don't have to hate them, you don't have to love us, you don't even have to be an American citizen, you just have to love peace. That’s why, ISIS needs to die.

on Mar. 28 2016 at 3:25 pm
Gemini01 SILVER, Charlotte, North Carolina

The heart is the same as heaven and earth

I agree with ABPippins. You really but it out in a way that's really hard to beat. Also, I'm going to be putting up my own thing about ISIS soon if you want to check it out.

on May. 11 2015 at 12:53 pm
ABPippins SILVER, League City, Texas

To die may be an awfully big adventure, but to love is an even grander affair -myself

I like this. You present this in a way teenagers can understand. Informative, professional, and brief. I agree with your opinion as my family is both Messianic Jewish and Christian. Thank you for putting this into circulation. God bless you.