Police Being Unfair | Teen Ink

Police Being Unfair

By BillyM BRONZE, Brooklynpark, Minnesota
BillyM BRONZE, Brooklynpark, Minnesota

Police are necessary to keep our communities safe. We need to be able to trust them to protect us from danger. Currently, not everyone feels safe with police. Police have done some unnecessary things to people.

What I have seen from is that they have been judging other people. It seems that the people that die from police are mostly black. Not all are judgmental but it has seemed the people that have been judged are black. I don't think that they only judge on their skin color but they also judge on their clothing. Police may think different on what you wear and they are aware of that. All together police men judges people by their skin color and their clothing.

Another important piece I've seen cops do is killing people who hasn't done anything. Like police are too secured and they kill them instead of checking them first. According to buzzpo, a police officer killed an 18 year old because he though that he was being threatened. I feel like some policemen don't think things through and they just decide to go for protection first and not just hurt them but kill them. According to Renee Lewis, another police officer shot a person who was holding an air rifle that was for sale at Walmart. It wasn't necessary to kill them, he could have approached to him and see what was going on instead of pulling your gun out and shooting. Lately these unnecessary deaths have been black people and I think that's why police men have been overly protective.

Finally what I think the policemen don't give a good reason why they kill unarmed people. According to the DOJ probe, a 43 year old man died by getting chokehold by a group of policemen. They said that he was illegally selling cigarettes. They could have arrested him instead of killing him. Again another one according to the New York City timeline, a 12 year old kid was shot by a police officer because he was playing with a air soft gun. Again it was unnecessary because the police officer could have approach the kid and see that it isn't a real gun. Again all these deaths are black people.

In conclusion these help me understand that some police men have been unfair and judgmental to some people.This the reason why I think that some policemen are unfair and that they can change so people will feel more secured.

The things that I have seen or heard that police men have have done affected me. Many deaths lately have happen by police. I don't believe it has to do with race but the past deaths made by police were black. The reason why I argue is because it's not necessary to kill humans without a purpose. It inspired me to write this because police shouldn't have to be so cruel and shoot people. This is the reason why I am writing this.