ISIS’s Effect on Middle Eastern Civilization | Teen Ink

ISIS’s Effect on Middle Eastern Civilization

By yazen_almousa BRONZE, Burbank, Illinois
yazen_almousa BRONZE, Burbank, Illinois

During the still of night a small village was raided by a group of men. The men were taken 200 yards away from the village. They were lined up facing a wall lined with red paint. They were told to shut up and not move. Four men with AK47’s unload bullets on these defenseless men. To complete the massacre, the four men walk to each individual man and put three rounds into their head. The red splatters on the wall: blood. The terrorists: the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) brutally massacring Middle Eastern people throughout Syria and Iraq. This begs the question: “What is the effect of ISIS on Middle Eastern civilization?” Beginning with, counter oppose this argument. Next, this essay will tell you about the effects of ISIS on children. After, the counter argument you be informed that ISIS kills to maintain a state fully under their control. Lastly, the writing will wrap up the text.

In the mind of ISIS they are killing in order to protect their Islamic State. The leaders conquested their own state and are protecting it. This is not very different from what the Zionists did to the Palestinians, Isis wants to control their territory. Or something like that would fit a little better. Zionists (the belief that Jews should have their own nation; Jewish nationalism is zionism, and people who believe in this are zionists) did the same thing to Palestinians in order to take over Palestine. The killings of Palestinians happened during the first intifada in 1948. These actions of the Israelites were condemned by the United States and were justified by saying that they were just taking back their country. ISIS is doing the same thing, so the why is the United States why are they getting so much public attention.

Even though ISIS is doing just about the same thing as Israel, the killings shouldn't be underlooked. ISIS is affecting everyone in the Middle East in a negative way, even the children. ISIS has stopped schools from teaching children math, science, and social studies. Instead teachers teach them the beliefs of ISIS. Any teacher that doesn't oblige with these rules were killed. In one day two hundred Syrian teachers were murdered for not following the rules that ISIS enforced on schools. ISIS justifies these actions with that they do it in the name of God.

ISIS has “found” a new way to interpret the holy Quran. If an individual does not believe in the same thought as ISIS, they would be beheaded, burned, or even tortured into believing it. “Tens of thousands of people from religious minorities have been killed or forced to flee their homes” (Stewart, S.- 2014).   This shows that ISIS strikes fear into other humans. For example, when ISIS invades villages, the villagers flee with fear. ISIS once had imprisoned a man who wanted to marry his non-muslim or non-arab wife. This man was treated like a criminal. (Stewart, S. - 2014). ISIS does this to show the people living in or near their lands that they want to be an absolute ruler no matter what the cost. The way most interpret the Quran is that Muslim men to marry non-Muslim women who are Christians and Jews, but a Jewish or Christian man may not marry a Muslim woman, but if they don’t, then they shouldn't be punished.

ISIS has been spreading terror across the Middle Eastern lands and showing that they will kill to control. Even though they are killing this has also happened in other places. In those places these massacres were underlooked by the USA. If these were merely brushed aside, then why is ISIS  is getting so much attention? They are getting talked about so much because they brutally murder normal citizens.

Although massacring others has been done; any killing should not be okay. ISIS say they kill people in order to conquest land. They also enforce their strong belief in religion to their ties of spreading terror. A way of spreading killing is like the mass murder that occurred 200 yards away from a little village. This is just one of the many ways ISIS intimidates others. Although, ISIS is 6,000 miles away from us they still impose fear in our eyes.

References

ISIS WILL MURDER ME FOR LOVING MY SCOTS WIFE; IRAQ HELL WIFE CAN ONLY PRAY FOR HUSBAND AS ISIS BUTCHERS ADVANCE TOWARDS HIS HOME; I am a Kurdish Muslim but I'm terrified the terrorists will come .. they'll spare no one; I am a Kurdish Muslim but I'm terrified the terrorists will come .. they'll spare no one. (2014, August 12). Daily Record [Glasgow, Scotland], p. 1. MGN Ltd. Retrieved from http://find.galegroup.com/gic/infomark.do?&source=gale&idigest=b44dedf880017272cda8db33ba2a0628&prodId=GIC&userGroupName=burb23392&tabID=T004&docId=CJ378071558&type=retrieve&PDFRange=%5B%5D&contentSet=IAC-Documents&version=1.0

ISIS bans math, social studies for children. (2014, September 17). CNN Wire. CNN Newsource Sales, Inc. Retrieved from http://find.galegroup.com/gic/infomark.do?&source=gale&idigest=b44dedf880017272cda8db33ba2a0628&prodId=GIC&userGroupName=burb23392&tabID=T004&docId=A382644252&type=retrieve&PDFRange=%5B%5D&contentSet=IAC-Documents&version=1.0

U.S. strikes near Baghdad as world searches for anti-ISIS plan. (2014, September 16). CNN Wire. CNN Newsource Sales, Inc. Retrieved from http://find.galegroup.com/gic/infomark.do?&source=gale&idigest=b44dedf880017272cda8db33ba2a0628&prodId=GIC&userGroupName=burb23392&tabID=T004&docId=A382511940&type=retrieve&PDFRange=%5B%5D&contentSet=IAC-Documents&version=1.0